This constitutes a hate crime?

FREMONT (KRON)– Fremont police are searching for two men who are accused of harassing a shop owner for displaying a rainbow flag above her building.

The store owner, Rae Steckler-Homorody, said the encounter left her shaken.

According to Steckler-Homorody, a man entered her antique store and was angry that the Pride flag was flying outside of her shop instead of the American flag.

This entry was posted in California, Liberals, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to This constitutes a hate crime?

1. David says:

So much for that Democrats favorite say “Telling Truth to Power”.

2. Tsquared says:

That must be in San franfuckingnutscisco

Fremont is just east of San Francisco.

• Elmo says:

Which is a sanctuary city that was named after famous explorer and white guy John C. Fremont (who was a Republican).

There should be a push to change the city’s name coming any day now.

3. Spiro says:

Now the LGBTQpedonazzis are going to have another pride march.

4. pigpen51 says:

No, Fremont is 12 miles from where I grew up here in MI. Oh, not that same Fremont. The name of the town that I grew up in here in MI is Hesperia. Ring any bells? No, not that Hesperia, this one is a village of about 800 people. And why can’t people just leave each other the hell alone. Let the broad fly any damn flag she wants. If you don’t like it, don’t spend money in her place of business. No such thing as a hate crime, just being an asshole.

• USexpat says:

We had a lesbian couple open a store here in our very small village a few years ago. just was fine with the village residents. The couple put up a no concealed carry sign on the front door within a week so anyone who carried or cared about it didn’t enter. They went broke in a year.
      Easy and civilized.

5. singlestack says:

What a couple of fucking idiots.
    I’m as much of a flag waver as anyone you’ll ever meet but I don’t wave it all the time. Sometimes I take Old Glory down from my flagpole and fly a different flag.
    The woman has the right to fly any flag she wants to on her property. It’s called freedom.

• crazyeighter says:

Or as Groucho said, “I like cigars too,but I take them out of my mouth occasionally.”

• Elmo says:

Woman to Groucho-
        “If you were half a man, you’d take me to the circus.”

Groucho to woman-
        “If you were half a man, you’d be IN the circus.”

6. JeremyR says:

Flying the rainbow flag shouldn’t be a hate crime even if they are all a bunch of hate filled wackos.

7. Betcha anything this is a fake hate crime, and she’s lying through her teeth. At least three quarters of the time, that’s the case.

• that was my thought.

Almost always the case. Or someone makes an offhand remark and it’s taken as persecution because everyone is so thin-skinned, anymore.

• Dick Summers says:

First thing I thought was that every antique store I’ve visited in the last twenty years has had CCTV. Multiple cameras. They can’t exist without it, too much theft. So, show me the tapes then we can talk about ‘hate’ crimes.