Big Back-to-School sale at Walmart

Retail giant Walmart is receiving fierce criticism on social media after a photo surfaced Wednesday afternoon that appears to show a gun case with a back-to-school advertisement inside one of the company’s stores.

The image was first tweeted by Twitter user Ismail Kidd Noorzai, who identifies himself as a resident of Los Angeles. The user originally captioned the photo, which shows a case of rifles with a sign reading “Own the school year like a hero,” simply, “Oh, Walmart.”

This entry was posted in Guns, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Big Back-to-School sale at Walmart

1. DanB says:

Not my Walmart. Mine doesn’t even have a descent selection of ammo, with almost nil .22 ammo, and what few guns the carry are locked up behind the register counter.

Not that I buy ammo or guns from Walmart; I look in occasionally just to see what they don’t have.

2. Rowland says:

Yeah…..I’ve seen the picture; it’s not a true walmart placement. It’s just leaned up against the case resting on the handle that rotates the rack. My guess is someone was trying to be funny and placed it and snapped the pic. And I hate Walmart but here I am defending them….

3. CC says:

Not as bad as the Mother’s Day “Remember Mom on Her Day” sign on the condom display…

4. Elmo says:

‘Ismail Kidd Noorzai’, named after his father’s favorite goat. Yeah, he’s credible.

Nothing good comes out of L.A.

5. Tom MacGyver says:

Leave it to the Sacramento Bee to publish this; Sacramento being the government set of a nanny state with such onerous gun laws and pussified people, that Wal-Mart no longer even SELLS guns there!

• Elmo says:

Sacramento is a government-centered town in a liberal state. All news outlets in Sacramento are what I call State-run Media.

Last night a local TV station crowed about how the Oro Dam spillway repair was on schedule and that it has been ‘good for business’ in Oroville. As a footnote to the story, they slipped in the fact that the spillway repair could cost as much as a billion dollars. This is after the State originally estimated it would cost $200 million.

As far as the news media here is concerned anything the government does is wonderful, including passing more gun laws.

6. wildbill says:

Almost as good as the ad for Hanukkah hams.

7. M. Sage says:

Old (by internet standards) joke. Not surprising that the nattering class doesn’t realize this exact joke has been around for years.

8. Granny says:

I saw it, I laughed. Move on kids.