Damn, that looked like it smarted some

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Damn, that looked like it smarted some

1. Geoff R says:

And not a brain between them.

2. Roger.45 says:

What fu*king fun.

3. Jeffery in Alabama says:

They have a couple of those types of festivals in TN. A friend of mine, along with his wife and son, dresses up in period garb and goes to the one in Arrington not to far south of you. No, he doesn’t joust. He says it looks and is very dangerous, but the festival overall is a lot fun.

I went to a Celtic festival in Sonora a couple years ago. It was a good time but the didn’t have jousting. I think I’d like to see that.

4. Elmo says:

And the crowd went wild.
    I’m sure it’ll feel better when it quits hurtin’.

5. Lester says:

I’d rather watch videos of Bama’s defense!!

6. At least some of that footage is from the Ohio Renaissance Festival. For some reason, my female friends seem to love going there. I think its OK once every few years, but some of them like to go multiple times in a single season.

7. Andrew says:

There is cheesy Renfaire jousting and real professional jousting.

Cheesy Ren Jousting is right up there with good old bubba rasslin. Scripted, mostly safe, lots of sound and fury signifying nothing. Occasionally hurts occur, but for the most part it is all acting. Rennies use fir poles because they blow up spectacularly with only a reasonable shock to the person struck.

Real professional jousting is just as hard and dangerous now as it was back ‘in the days.’ Ash or oak lances, helms designed to block the vision when the lancer tilts his head back (this stops splinters from going into eyeslots. That stupid Heath Ledger jousting movie addressed this when one knight comments to another knight that Heath’s character must be very brave as he doesn’t tilt his head back.)

Some renfaires are part of the pro circuit.

And a friend of mine used to ride the pro-circuit. One time his horse tripped and went down in the lists (the barrier between the horses) and he just walked out of the saddle, over the horse’s neck and head, and still managed to unseat his opponent. That guy was one tough bastard.

8. Edward Teach says:

’tis but a scratch!

9. kimosaabe says:

I’d be more within the Monty Python And The Holy Grail version … run away!