DANGER: Two rounds of ammo missing

Police are still searching for two bullets, after an officer’s missing Glock magazine and 12 of the 14 bullets were found.

Police said the magazine and bullets were recovered on Saturday afternoon after they were handed in to the Rosewood Police Station by a member of the public.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Gun Control, WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to DANGER: Two rounds of ammo missing

1. Paul J says:

They’d flip out if they saw my junk drawer in the kitchen.

2. Lord of the Fleas says:

“Police are still searching for two bullets… Apparently, the casings, primers and powder were recovered…

Admittedly, they did get the “rounds of ammunition” bit correct later on. But the media still wonder why we don’t believe them about anything.

3. crazyeighter says:

Oh, FFS.

Then again, there’s the tale of the Navy .45 issued to the brow watch on a submarine that for months was turned over, with the log notation, “1911 .45 pistol serial number 99999, with holster, two magazines and 16 rounds of ammunition.” Then some boot-camper came aboard and during turnover asked “Hey! Don’t these magazines only hold seven rounds?”

Oh. Shit.

You’re not going to go back and do pen-and-ink changes in a Navy logbook, and if the correct number of cartridges is entered on the next turnover, someone is gonna want to know where the two rounds went, or you’re gonna be asking someone to make an untruthful log entry…

• Free Citizen says:

7rds in the mag and 1 in the chamber=8rds Other mag would have 7rds and I guess one in your pocket. 7+1 is standard carry for a 1911.

• crazyeighter says:

For Navy watchstanders, standard carry was with a loaded mag, empty chamber, to preclude any chance of AD’s when turning over to your relief.

4. Richard says:

I got out of the truck one morning at the local Waffle House and found two 45 rounds on the asphalt. I pocketed them and had breakfast.

5. Free Citizen says:

When the Army still paid in cash, I was acting as a guard for the pay officer. I signed out a 45 and 3 (three) rounds of ammo.

• JeremyR says:

One to shoot the ossifer, one to shoot him again and one for any witness.

• warhorse says:

late 50’s, my dad went to pick up the payroll for the brooklyn navy yard. 6 guys, all armed , 1 BAR, 3 garands, a shotgun, and a .45. some idiot jumps on the running board just as they get on the brooklyn bridge and aims a revolver at my dad, driving, and orders him to stop. well everyone drew a bead on the dumbass, and he begged them to at least slow down before they made him jump. “nope get off before we plug ya” I guess he hit pretty hard, but no one went back to check. I doubt they even called it in.

6. loaded4bear says:

I always have to do a triple check of my brief case, back pack and luggage before I head to the airport. There always seems to be a few loose rounds rattling around somewhere.

I went to put on a pair of boots this morning that I haven’t worn in a while and found a loose 41 magnum cartridge in one.

• USexpat says:

Took a revolver to Singapore by accident a few years ago. It went through at least 2 x ray machines too. There may be worst places to do that but off hand can’t think of one. Some times God looks after idiots.

7. JeremyR says:

There are people, who if they got their hands on a cop’s gun, would discharge a couple of rounds into something that wouldn’t deform them, then stash those slugs for six months. Then when the need arose, stick them in a .410 shotgun and improve society. When ballistics are complete, it looks like a case of cop aggression.

8. STW says:

Any word on an accounted for sling shot?

9. Pufferfish says:

loaded4bear — I travel A LOT for work and keep my EDC separate from gear that “might” have rounds in them. I get my bag searched regularly as well as the hand swab and I am a Pre Check critter. Can’t have empty casings in my bag..So it is to be a gun guy and travel.

10. Skip says:

Shit, desk drawer, console of truck and car, dresser, bathroom mag rack, and a lot of jacket pockets you will find loose rounds. With no kids or visitors, there is a piece in every room somewhere.

11. Reese Bobby says:

Maybe you could let us know the address of the police station and we could send the a few rounds in the mail. Must be a severe shortage over there.