Fill ‘er up

Its operator was forced to shut the main diesel line late Wednesday and planned to halt its gasoline line Thursday, meaning motorists from Maine to Florida may soon see higher prices at the pump.

Colonial, which is the biggest single fuel transporter in the US, shipping more than 2.5m barrels a day on its line – or roughly one in every eight barrels of fuel consumed in the country – said in a statement late on Wednesday that its line carrying diesel and jet fuel would shut on Wednesday evening, followed by its gasoline pipe on Thursday.
FROM HERE
-WiscoDave

*****

The price of gas went up anywhere from 5 to 12 cents overnight here.

This entry was posted in Prepping. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fill ‘er up

1. James says:

Hell,considering the 1000’s of cars no longer running due to water damage and the 1000’s of vacations on Memorial put on hold prices should be dropping due to less demand!

• bogsidebunny says:

Friggin price gougers play fair, James? I don’t think so. They’re in the same league with all politicians. The word “fair” only applies to their naïve 22 year old female intern’s skin.

2. Bobo the Hobo says:

We’re already seeing $2.49/gal here in Central Florida.

3. A Texan says:

I’ve seen stations (here in South Texas) go up by $0.25/gallon or so…and then there are those that have NOT done so (like a Costco where I filled up for $1.949/gallon this morning. Get the Gas Buddy app for your phone, and use it.

4. Sunny says:

I went into WalMart yesterday to get a few things. The Murphy out front had gas at $2.15. When I came out about an hour later, it was sitting at $2.22. In an hour.
    sunny

5. Doug says:

its jumped to $2.45 here in eastern NC

6. Guairdean says:

I filled up my pickup Monday night for $2.09. The same station was $2.39 Tuesday night. Shortages as far north as Ft Worth are being reported. The so called gas shortages in the 70’s allowed the oil companies to freeze out a lot of the smaller, independent stations. My guess is they’ll try the same tactics again. Watch for your local Mom and Pop stations to close and never re-open while the corporate stations raise prices as quickly as possible.

7. Heathen says:

Yeah prices went up here too, but they always do prior to Labor Day weekend .

I think last year our prices went up a dime and that was Friday afternoon. I may be wrong but I can remember thinking that in California it would be a 40 cent jump starting about a week before.
      I’ve actually seen it higher here though.

8. Alexander says:

$2.72 non ethanol at local outpost. Louisiana, almost .40 per gallon tax. It’s for our roads.

9. Highlander says:

Went up $.30 over night here in SE Indiana

10. Rick says:

I drive a gasoline tanker in Va. Unbranded gas and diesel was scarse today. Hopefully with tomorrow being the first of the month, some allocation will be available.
    Pipeline was shut down because they don’t have any product to push what’s already in the line.
    As soon as the refineries come back on line, things should Improve quickly.