Fucking pussies

Reminiscent of the “smoking kills” labels on packs of cigarettes, a sign denouncing the killing of animals now hangs, counterintuitively, in the window of a North Berkeley butcher shop.

The owners of The Local Butcher Shop on Cedar Street agreed, under duress, to put the sign up in exchange for a promise by animal-rights activists to stop holding weekly demonstrations in front of the store.

The Bay Area chapter of the national non-profit Direct Action Everywhere has protested — sometimes half-naked and covered in fake blood — while butchery classes are in session every Sunday since April. The group, which is also known as DXE, says it will only hold two more protests if the new sign, which says, “Attention: Animals’ lives are their right. Killing them is violent and unjust, no matter how it’s done,” stays up for the next year.

*****

What would I have done? I’d have closed the shop on protest day and held the classes in the customer waiting area in front of the counter and in full view of the protesters. No fucking way in hell would I have given in to their demands telling me what to do with my own shop.
Fuck those guys. They wanna play games? I’ll play games.

This entry was posted in California, Liberals. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fucking pussies

1. Unclezip says:

It’s happening more and more, and each time, the fuckers get bolder.

2. Rowland says:

Shoot….that sounds like the perfect day to have outdoor grillin’ and bbq classes. Let them smell that all day long!

We held a pig roast across from the Islamic center. And the Jews in Israel had a kabob roast outside the prison everyday while the Palestinians were on a “hunger strike”.

You wanna play games? Let’s play!

3. Trib says:

And during class I would had a smoker going on the sidewalk and a stack of of soup bones in bucket. Hell, make like a Asia market have hog heads and 1 week old ducks hanging out front.

4. Exile1981 says:

He caved. I would have had them put their offer in writting and if they did I would have them charged with blackmail.

5. California southpaw says:

No shit, I’d do the same thing. Fuck you and your protest, I’ll outlast you. Oh, and don’t forget what we’re teaching here. Hint: very sharp knives and cleavers and saws and big blood drains in the floor and how to clean up the aftermath really well…

6. Andrew says:

Hah. Go one better. Show the freaks exactly what Halal butchery is. Right on the sidewalk.

Ah, what am I saying. Fuck them all. It’s Berkeley. Fuck all those mother fuckers.

7. Larry says:

He needs to hang the 100% beef vegan burger sign from a few days ago next to it . Lol

8. nonncom says:

How about beheadings on the sidewalk on protest day…pigs, chickens, and ducks, of course….each with a little sign on them that says “Eat more Soy”…

9. Hillbilly says:

Just bring half dozen live hogs to butcher on protest day. Next week keep increasing the kill.