It’s been nice knowing you

Google revealed in a blog post that it is now using machine learning to document “hate crimes and events” in America. They’ve partnered with liberal groups like ProPublica, BuzzFeed News, and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to make information about “hate events” easily accessible to journalists. And now, there are troubling signs that this tool could be used to ferret out writers and websites that run afoul of the progressive orthodoxy.

This entry was posted in Liberals. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to It’s been nice knowing you

1. Brother Pilot says:

I’ve always despised the term hate crime. It’s subjective at best and overly broad. Just like the term crimes against humanity, even more poorly defined, so broad it can mean anything.

• Ragnar says:

There’s either freedom of speech or there isn’t. I once heard what I think is the best definition of (part of) the First Amendment. Freedom of speech means having the right to say things that other people don’t want to hear.

BTW. The Southern Preposterous Lie Center is just another tool in the box the leftists use when it suits them.

• singlestack says:

The term “hate crime” has no place in America. It literally criminalizes your thoughts – or rather, someone else’s impression of what you’re thinking.

2. Elmo says:

I read the article summary a little while ago without reading your headline and said to myself “Figures”. Birds of a feather, and all.

Now I’m back, and caught the headline “Been nice knowing you”.
    Yep. That’s where they’re headed.

3. Bud says:

website stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com has a Google sign in now past few days. “free speech for me, but not for thee”

4. James says:

Do not use googi/bingi/twaddle/suckbook ect,nor the rotten apple/dirty window.Use a linux operating system/start page ect.Tis a pain to ween yourself but can be done in less then a day,starve the fuckers at every turn!

• singlestack says:

I just switched my browser from Chrome to Brave, and my search engine to DuckDuckGo. It’s taking some getting used to. As soon as I’m comfortable with them I’m going to go through my files and delete everything Google that I can find.
      Now, if I can just figure out how to get Google off my Android phone I’ll be good.

• One of the many Bills says:

I started out with Firefox and then after reading WRSA I added Qwant. Seems to work pretty good.

• Bacon says:

Singlestack, good moves, just be aware that Brave actually runs on the chrome engine and uses several other google functions, mostly behind the scenes.

Duckduckgo is a great choice.

Good luck getting google off your android, ain’t gonna happen.

5. Winston Smith says:

“It’s been nice knowing you”

Well, if that turns out to be the case, I’m looking forward to the pic of the pile of bodies in front of your house.

6. wes says:

You might want to think about posting the absolute ip address of your blog in case the name servers ever stop routing to your domain name.

7. Andrew says:

So, in reality, it should have read, “Google admits to doing this when in actuality it has been searching out and attacking non-progressives since, well, day 1 of starting.”

There. Fixed it for you.

8. It’s a quantum computer called “Deep Mind” and it’s intelligent. Know one knows HOW intelligent, but it’s created it’s own encryption algorithyms that it’s using to communicate with itself. It’s using Analytics (every time you go to a site you have analytic scripts running) that identify EVERYTHING you do.
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

9. mrgarabaldi says:

Hey Kenny;

I tried to visit Paul Kersey’s site SBPDL and got the google block…WTH

10. Edsss says:

Time to pull the plug on the Internet and force EVERYONE to start communicating face to face again. That along will kill libs in droves!