This Is America – Every Day, Forever

Nobody drafted them.
Nobody’s paying them.
They make the time, even leaving paying jobs at their own expense.
Nobody bought them those boats, or paid for their gas, or stocked their coolers with water, food, blankets, life jackets, first aid kits, and what not.
They brought it from home.
They just show up.
Every. Single. Time.

And when the waters recede, they’ll be the same folks who’ll show up with their own chainsaws, trucks of every size, front-end loaders, shovels, strong backs and willing hands, to help clean up and get folks there back on their feet, and back in their homes.
-WiscoDave

*****

I’m pretty sure these guys aren’t selling bottles of water for 5 bucks to the people they’re picking up or helping out. Matter of fact, it appears profit or personal gain is the furthest thing from their minds.
Thank God.

This entry was posted in USA. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to This Is America – Every Day, Forever

1. Winston Smith says:

This is us. And this is why we will ultimately prevail.

I still support the right of the gouger to gouge, and I also support our right to never purchase from him again. Or shun him for all I Care. Capitalism is kinda like that Free Speech thing: I may not like what you are saying, but I will fight for your (and everyone else’s ) Right to say it.

2. Grandpa says:

Amen, Winston. And I remain hopeful that the demonstration of neighbors helping neighbors – even if it is in a neighboring state – is noted by the same media idiots who just a week or so ago, called these same folks very derogatory names; simply because their history, traditions, and heritage; mean a great deal to them.
    Of course, the media will make no mention of it… because ‘white’. And ‘Southern’.

3. NewVegasBadger says:

In addition, they will NOT think that what they have done is extra ordinary. Ask them why, you will get some thing along the line of “It’s just the right thing to do”. To be able to help some one else in a time of crisis, is its own “reward”.

In a crisis, there WILL be shortages and high demand for those scarce resources. It will cost MORE to replace them once they are gone. Absolute law of supply and demand. So stores are justified in raising their prices, However, there does come a point when some POS is using the crisis to raise the price to an unreasonable price to make the most amount of money in the shortest possible time, even if it harms the people who need it the most. I’ll admit I don’t a formula to give as to what is a reasonable increase and what is screwing over the public. I’ll leave that to those subject matter experts. I will say this about the flip side of the coin. If you were a store owner and decided in a time of crisis, to help out by lowering the price or give it away for free, there are ingrates who will bitch, whine, complain that they did not get enough of said item, or when blame you when you tell them you are out of stock. They might get violent at YOU. Think of how insane people get on Black Friday.

4. Angel says:

However, someone needs to fill some of the looters full of drain holes and hang their bodies outside neighborhoods as a warning to others.

5. NewVegasBadger says:

If I was an advisor to President Trump, in addition to calling out the National Guard, he ought to be directing the Pentagon to mobilize appropriate Active duty and Reserve units. This would be an excellent use of the medical, engineering and civil affairs units to help where need the most. There is zero doubt in my mind that they (military personal) would rather be pulling 16-18 hour work days doing that which they were trained for, than to waste their time doing the make work BS. We do have medical units that can treat patients within 24 hours after hitting the ground. Spun up, set up and ready to go. I know; been there, did that.

• John Deaux says:

I totally agree, medical, civil, security., construction battalions Let them back up and assist with the local authorities to get shit done.

6. Tim says:

It all comes down to character. People with character help others because that is how you treat people.

People without character do nothing to take care of themselves. They lie, steal, destroy and bitch about the government and people with character.

7. Rick says:

I lived and worked with these men and women in the oil fields of Louisiana and Texas and this is how they live everyday. And after all they have done and will do you have ingrates like this on my TV . http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/29/rescued-woman-goes-off-on-cnn-for-hurricane-harvey-coverage-video/

8. RHT447 says:

Yup.

9. bogsidebunny says:

I’m sure Antifa’s mounting a monumental supply and rescue mission for the hurricane victims right now.

10. CC says:

Here we have can-do on the right, can’t do on the left…

11. loaded4bear says:

I’m positive that more than one deplorable has used his own resources to rescue more than one statue hater.

12. James says:

Bear am sure is true,but what it is is not a deplorable or statue hater,tis one human helping another.

13. Doonhamer says:

Actions speak louder than words.
    God Bless America.
    And that is from the other side of the pond.
    And very sincerely meant.

14. John Deaux says:

In America in a time of emergency there are no races, nationality, religion or sexes. All are people in need and people willing to go out of their way to help.
    If only we could figure out a way to do this everyday, think about what we could get done.

15. Tennessee Budd says:

I left on vacation Saturday morning, bound for Florida. Once I got well into Georgia, I saw quite a few trucks, many with trailers, from various LE jurisdictions in Florida & South Georgia heading north, undoubtedly to turn west & go help. God bless ’em all, & I hope they shoot some of the robbers & looters. No, that isn’t a self-contradictory statement.

16. Jack says:

Gives me some hope for humanity.

17. buck says:

These are the same people, that at some point will have had enough of Antifa and the communists and will bring their own shotguns, axe handles, and garands . And once the dirty work of cleaning up Commie facists is done will use their own shovels and backhoes to clear up the remnants.

18. anonymous says:

Those persons are totally awesome. They aren’t doing it for the pay or recognition, they just want to help people who REALLY need help. God Bless Them !!

19. Andy says:

Like the reporter that asked one guy why he was going to help….”to try to save some lives.” Awesome, simply awesome.

Now to the price gouging. Coming into work this morning, I get to Hwy 6 and 105 in Navasota. On one side is a Shell station with 2.25 a gallon. On the other side, a Stripes at 2.09. Stripes had the same price they had when I gassed up Friday afternoon before all this started.