Well, so much for a sense of humor on the job

A veteran Georgia police officer is on leave after unearthed video shows him telling a woman she wouldn’t be shot because she wasn’t black.

“Remember, we only kill black people,” Cobb County police Lt. Gregg Abbott said on dashcam video obtained by WSB-TV. “We only kill black people, right?”

The incident occurred sometime last year, but was only recently obtained by the network — prompting Cobb County police to open an investigation.

*****

The bad part is, I can see myself popping off with something like that.

This entry was posted in To Serve.... Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Well, so much for a sense of humor on the job

1. rayvet says:

Reason 1001 why I would never be a good police officer. If she was being difficult, I’d probably beat or shoot her and then say something like “I thought she was black”. And what’s up with the lawyers name? That should be an automatic disqualification to represent a DUI defendant.

2. bogsidebunny says:

He coulda replaced his Taser with a can of matte black spray paint. One quick coat and she’s fair game.

3. choclabs aka da cook says:

omg – so I listened to the interview and Cobb police got excellent marks during a citizen review – but of course there was the obligatory line about perceptions on race – therefore they instituted a whole list of programs and courses for the officers….

omg, the whole PC, everyone white, all police are RACIST has tipped to scales into the realm of absurdity.

And this is why DT won. Exactly why Trump is president.

4. Unclezip says:

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore. Except at truck stops.
    A little ditty from yesterday: Some of us were standing in line at the local stop, yacking, when a short, pudgy, whitewashed city lady approached and asked from behind “Do you live around here?”. I turned around and said “Yes, ma’mn, I’m local.”. She looked up at me (I’m 6’4) and directly at my MAGA hat, and, witnesses corroborate, we saw her mind slip completely out of gear. Full on mumbling, careening, and bumping into tables as she headed in the general direction of the door, while looking over her shoulder. That spectacle brought the entire truck stop to a halt for several minutes. Pretty much everybody agreed the hat is the best pest-control device we’ve seen in years.

5. Mike_C says:

>I can see myself popping off with something like that.
    Yeah, you’re not the only one in that boat. My filter is not working as well as it used to. I sometimes think I need to be on a 5-second delay like they do on “live” TV.

While Lt Abbott’s remark was a) unprofessional, and b) dumb, I can see where that came from. When you’re inundated with slanderous and libelous bullshit 24/7 it’s hard to keep it all bottled up. Face it, cops are not even in the top three of killers of young black men. (For the record, it would be 1) other young black men, 2) other young black men, 3) other young black men, and so forth.)

• wildbill says:

I seem to recall seeing statistics that stated black cops kill more blacks than white cops do.

6. nonncom says:

What?!…..You mean they don’t just kill blacks only?….the numbers I saw they kill more whites than blacks, but those lives don’t matter….

7. CC says:

The more stupid people are, the more sarcasm is lost on them.

8. Dave says:

What an idiot! That in this day and age of every thing being recorded. You just can not say stuff like this any more.

Which is a real shame as it is slowly killing off our senses of humor.

9. Winston Smith says:

I was once in Santa Barbara on a business trip and walking to get something for supper. As I pass this pretty airhead and her tv cameraman, she shoves a mike into my face and asks “What do you think about black history day?”. I immediately busted out horselaughing and said ” who gives a shit?”

• The Rat Fink says:

I’d a done some quick math and told her: “It is? Well Mam, I guess that means it’s only x number of shoplifting days until Kwanzzaa!

10. friendofman says:

It’s hard to believe that at one time “All in the family” was a top T.V. show. Can you imagine them trying to get that on T.V. today.