Hey, a man’s gotta eat, right?

A two-story home sat surrounded by water, with a white horse standing in chest-deep floodwaters, as a man stood on a second-story deck. The helicopter paused to hover overhead.

“He’s pretty much surrounded.”

And yet…

“He’s giving a thumbs-up and taking a picture.”

“I think he’s barbecuing.”

A pause.

“I don’t know what his plan is.”
FROM HERE
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in USA, WiscoDave, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Hey, a man’s gotta eat, right?

1. Kauf Buch says:

Those remarks (“I don’t know what his plan is.”) are TOO typical of people who don’t know/understand Texans or Southerners in general. Many know their own topography MUCH better than the “outsiders.”

• M. Sage says:

Exactly. Most Texans don’t lose their shit over a storm like those pussies in the northeast.

2. singlestack says:

“His plan is” to have something to eat while he waits for the water to subside. It looks like he’s got his shit together.
    That pic reminds me of Katrina. I had everything I needed but sheriff’s deputies, firefighters, and EMS kept stopping and trying to get me to leave my house with them. I kept telling them to go away and leave me alone. There were other people that needed their help. I sure as hell didn’t. And like the guy in the pic, at one point I was grilling a steak and having a brew when a deputy stopped by. He just laughed and said he would check on me later. I told him don’t bother.

3. Okie says:

He did have a plan and was executing it flawlessly. The Cali Helo crew aren’t used to folks gettin by without their help.
    If I wave one hand, A OK.
    Two hands, Distress signal.
    I’m wondering if I can eat that horse before it spoils…..

• crazyeighter says:

The thing I remember most about Katrina was when those CHP’s dog-piled that old woman in order to take a break-top revolver away from her AFTER she told them she didn’t need any help.

• Phil B says:

Uhhh … OK. What do your drink with barbecued horse in a situation like that? Beer? Wine, and if so red or white?

I’d hate to screw up social etiquette at a time like that and be blackballed from the country club … >};o)

4. Mike_C says:

Geez, why not? Power’s out. Use whatever you had in the freezer, ’cause otherwise you’re gonna lose it.

Feel bad for the poor horse in the water though.

Oh. What wine with horse? Depends on how you cook it, what sauce and flavorings. But for barbequed horse I’d probably go with a lighter Shiraz or a Zinfandel (ALL zinfandel is red, BTW; “white” zinfandel is an abomination, apart from DeLoach white zin which – weirdly enough – is pretty good with takeout Thai food).

5. warhorse says:

they need to rip up some bedsheets, write “thumbs up if you’re ok, wave your arms in an X if you need help” on them, put in a baggie of sand and tie them off. toss down to people that they aren’t sure of.

most people have no idea about hand signals to aircraft. or how to direct one to land. I went through LSE (landing signalman,enlisted) school when I was in the navy. never really used it other than on the ramp on land. at sea it’s a whole other thing.

6. rick says:

If I had written that article I’d consider hari kari. Journalism these days. sheesh

And down south it’s called grilling.

7. CC says:

Horses can swim like hell – I believe his plan is to have a meal and get the fuck out via horseback.