Hey, when you got the munchies…..

“I know where I’m going, and I’m not coming down,” said the man on the tree, lounging against a branch with his arms folded behind his head.

After more than three hours, someone started spraying the man with water. He cursed and dropped a backpack but stayed in the tree.

But one heroic neighbor had an idea to get the man to come down.

She had heard the man say he was hungry, so she went to a store and came back with a taco, which she gave to police.
FROM HERE

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hey, when you got the munchies…..

1. Exile1981 says:

Bannoc is a deep fat fried bread dish.

2. Brad says:

It happened in Sasquatchewan, Canada, maybe he thought he was Sasquatch?

3. Robert says:

What’s an Indian taco? Is that like a Chinese gyro? Indonesian haggis? Japanese pizza? Now I’m hungry…

And why the heck did the cops take such a passive approach? Not that I’m espousing police brutality. y’know. Lotta man hours standing around when a little pepper spray would provide motivation..

• Antibubba says:

Had this happened in, say, Missouri. The cops would have fired 30 shots at him, hit him twice, with 12 bullets striking nearby houses and injuring an old lady 2 blocks away. They’d go on paid leave for six months until the city settled out of court.. Then the officers would be given letters of commendation for their bravery and put back on patrol.

I think the Canadians handled it better

4. Tsquared says:

Some tacos are worth it. If it is an “In-N-out” I would pass.

5. Winston Smith says:

Car thief?
    Shoot the worthless piece of shit out of the fucking tree.

• Exile1981 says:

1st nations can’t shoot them.

Canadian news is reporting that it was banock. Deep fried bread. I thick indian taco is a translation issue.

6. Rob says:

Bannock House in Regina advertises Indian Tacos on their Facebook page, FWIW.

7. Greggbc says:

Two words, chain saw.

8. Bacon says:

An Indian taco is a real thing, not a typo, and not bannock. And they’re delicious!

The origin of the Indian taco was a way to use up the crappy gov’t surplus food the feds used to dump on the reservations. (Stale bleached flour, stale lard, rancid beef, rubbery gov’t cheese, all at a time and place where there was literally nothing else to eat. A century ago, it made many sick but kept them from dying of starvation, once they were no longer permitted to hunt.)

Today, the Indian taco is common food at pow-wows and other Native-sponsored events. Basically fry bread wrapped around beef taco fillings.

“Bannock” is campfire bread, traditionally made in a cast iron pan in a reflector oven, mostly in the far North. Plenty of fat but not deep fried.
    “Fry bread” is soft, flexible flatbread made of deep fried dough.
    Two totally different kinds of bread with nothing in common.

9. M. Sage says:

I just got a sweet new weed eater that has different attachments. Got a pole saw attachment for it. It’s about 12 feet long and has an 8″ chainsaw at the end of it.

I think that would have ended this confrontation quite a bit faster than 4 hours.