Is Motel 6 tipping off ICE? Right on.

On a hot Wednesday in June, Manuel Rodriguez-Juarez, a 33-year-old landscaper, got into an argument with his live-in girlfriend.

While he waited for her to cool down, he decided to check into a $45-a-night room at a nearby Motel 6 on Maryvale’s southern fringe, where fast-food restaurants and gas stations catering to travelers passing through on Interstate 10 sit alongside neighborhood panaderias and marisquerias.

This entry was posted in Illegals. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Is Motel 6 tipping off ICE? Right on.

1. philinpueblo says:

I lived in Phoenix for many years. The Motel 6 at 4130 N Black Canyon Hgwy (Black Canyon and Indian School Rd) has always been known as a hotbed of drug dealers and whores (not the pricey “escort” types, either). I don’t know about the one in the Maryvale neighborhood, but considering the location, it’s probably about the same. I would never stay at either one. I’m guessing law enforcement attention there is not coincidental. New Times is an SJW publication and they know these facts as well as I do, but didn’t choose to mention them.

2. James.458 says:

Come on down ICE,we will leave the light on for you!

3. Exile1981 says:

Given the average quality of a motel 6, i’m not surprised police of all types spend extra attention onbthem.

4. Kris says:

Worrisome: “We send a report every morning to ICE — all the names of everybody that comes in,” one front-desk clerk explained. “Every morning at about 5 o’clock, we do the audit and we push a button and it sends it to ICE.”

• Daniel K Day says:

Exactly what I thought.

• crazyeighter says:

Quoting that young lady from The X-Files: “No matter how paranoid you are, you’re not paranoid enough.”

I don’t have enough confidence in hotel/motel clerk’s ability to correctly transcribe information that I now worry about seeing the FBI, CIA and ICE on my hotel doorstep in the morning.

5. gsebes says:

The girlfriend’s side guy ratted him out…what chu bet?

6. Judy says:

News flash – EVERY motel/hotel you check into, takes information that IDs you so if they want or have to share who was/is checked into their establishment they can.

And yup anybody who lives in the Phoenix area knows the New Times is a SJW publication. If you want to know what the current party scene is, then you pick up a copy. Housing ads are pretty good too.

7. Howard Dennard says:

These people are criminals and as such should be reported to the people. I for one applaud Motel 6.

• anonymous says:

Yup, same as any criminal behavior. If the alien has documentation he / she is here legally, its up to them to show – not Motel 6.

8. majmike says:

If you’re in the country legally, there’s no need to worry.

9. Sanders says:

I worked in a Ramada Inn, when I was in college and it was a one-stop shop for the Sheriff’s Dept. Management had no problem printing out and giving them guest lists and phone records for any particular room they were interested in.

About the dumbest people in the world were the drug dealers who operated out of a hotel room. Cell phones weren’t as common then, as they are now….

10. J Sage says:

As I understand it, and there was a story on it some time back as I recall, Motel 6 reports your info to LEA’s everyday, everywhere. They be like snitches and sheeit. Maybe more. Control grid operatives?