Ol’ Wile E just wasn’t quick enough

AIRDRIE, Alta. — An Alberta woman says she was shocked when she found a coyote she thought she’d struck and killed on the highway stuck in the grille of her car.
Georgie Knox was driving to work in Calgary from her home in Airdrie last week when the animal darted in front of her vehicle.
She says she heard a “crunch” and thought she’d run the animal over and killed it.
-BW Bandy

This entry was posted in Coyotes, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Ol’ Wile E just wasn’t quick enough

1. Elmo says:

He may not have been quick enough, but he sure was tough enough.

2. Coyote Hubbard says:

That could have been my son…

3. Exile1981 says:

It used to be a 15 minute drive from Aurdrie to Calgary through farm land. Now it’s all industrial parks, power plants and bass pro along the road.

4. John h. says:

It survived w/ only minor injuries?? I think peta wrote that story! That poor bastard looks dead to me.
    John h.

5. mrgarabaldi says:

Hey Kenny
    Did the same thing with a cardinal, I wasn’t sure if I hit it until I got to boy scout camp and looked at the grill of my truck.

6. PoppaGary says:

I would have hated to be the one that removed him from the grill if it was alive. Does look like he is kinda chillin’

7. Mike_C says:

Oh for the love of ….
    THIS is why you keep a firearm in your vehicle. It’s not as if coyotes are endangered.

(A rather pacifist friend of mine came across a live deer — with a shattered pelvis from being hit by a truck — on the side of a remote Colorado road. Friend called the cops. Cops advised him to mercy-kill the deer since their response time was gonna be over an hour. He ended up cutting its throat with his pocket knife because “guns are bad, mkay?”. Which was thoroughly unpleasant. Probably more so for the deer, but the deer wasn’t the one telling me the story.)

8. Oswald Bastable says:

Beep beep!

9. Done in Dallas says:

This happened with a dog in South Texas recently. Folks were evacuating from Harvey, hit the dog figured it was dead. When they stopped driving across Texas, the dog crawled out of the grill with just minor injuries…

10. The little puddle of blood below the mouth was just too much.