Rules are rules

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Rules are rules

1. Leigh says:

Eh, not so much sometimes…..
    When I worked in a medical plant, everyone had to wear a hairnet. Guys had to wear a beard-net if they had a mustache or beard – but the women that had one, didn’t. We complained to management about this “unfair discrimination” – but none of them had the balls to make them wear one.

Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

• John Deaux says:

Wait, am I reading you right. You worked around women that had beards, like real beards ?
      No shit ?

• Bacon says:

I’ve known three women with beards over the years. Real beards, but only chin beards, not full face.

Turns out there are actually plenty of women with chin hair, but most pluck or depilate, so you’d never know it.

I also knew a woman with leg hair so long she could braid it. Seriously. Very feminine gal, other than the leg hair.

Yeah, I’ve had a weird fucking life. And known some really strange people along the way. At least I wasn’t bored.

2. Padawan says:

I work with an older gentleman who’s completely bald. Work makes him wear a hair net AND a hat.

• Bacon says:

The hair net is almost understandable, if it’s a uniform rule for all. But the hat, if it’s because he’s bald, sounds like an easily winnable lawsuit.

3. POd American says:

Rules…stupid knows no bounds.

4. crazyeighter says:

“It’s policy; it doesn’t need a reason.”

5. NewVegasBadger says:

It is as insane as those places that make you show your ID, even though you are old enough to be the clerks father or grand father. Seriously, how many under 21 yr olds have a white beard?

• crazyeighter says:

Like having to show your ID to buy beer at the grocery store when you AND your ID are older than a 21 year-old checker. (‘Cause they gotta put your birthday into the machine. Stupid-ass Shelby County…)

It’s the same way here. In California I got carded all the way up until I started getting lines around my eyes and a heavy dose of grey in my face – I was probably 35.
        Here, I get carded every time I buy alcohol and I do mean every time – I went in to a small liquor store in Hartsville once and bought a bottle of whiskey, showing my ID. I went out to the truck and Lisa asked me to go back in and get her a bottle of wine. I got carded again even though I had just been in there and there wasn’t a single customer in the store between my two visits. The clerk just shrugged and said “State Law”.

• Brad_in_IL says:

One of my local grocery stores got pinched for selling beer to minors. Now they have to card ALL patrons, including the white-haired “seasoned citizens” with canes, walkers, etc. The management, the staff, etc., all acknowledge the utter idiocy of the situation, but, the law came down upon them. Hard.

• Bacon says:

My Grandfather’s dark hair all turned white when he was a teenager, and stayed that way until it started to gray a little in his old age.

6. arc says:

He looks like he works out but just doesn’t eat enough