Tracking Military Weaponry Flowing To America’s Local PDs

Enter your zip code on the map to find out about your area.

Last week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced President Donald Trump’s plan to distribute military gear to state and local law enforcement agencies.
The rule change means weapons typically reserved for war-time use – tracked armored (tank-like) vehicles, weaponized aircraft and vessels, grenade launchers, bayonets, and firearms with ammunition of .50-caliber or higher – will start flowing to local law enforcement agencies through the Department of Defense’s 1033 Program.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in To Serve..., WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tracking Military Weaponry Flowing To America’s Local PDs

1. FriscoKid says:

Protect and serve, my ass.

2. Elmo says:

It’s comforting to know that my hayseed hick county has an $18,322 Combat Vehicle Turret to go along with their $733,000 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle. It kind of gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

3. bettysteve says:

can anyone tell me why a copper needs a bayonet??!!

• Andrew says:

antifa riot?

• warhorse says:

realistically, if they need a bayonet they already have one. we used to use M7 bayonets on our shotguns as a “don’t grab my gun” device. people instinctively won’t grab a knife blade, but they will grab a shotgun barrel.

4. Cavguy says:

Maintenance hogs, eat parts, and go bad just sitting. I’m sure .gov wants to off load this stuff. Most coppers will not know how to use this stuff to any acceptable level. More equipment to pick up or drive off when they run away like bitches they are. Go home at the end of my shift at any cost!

• warhorse says:

I’ll just leave this here for no particular reason…

• Gregbee says:

Dated but still completely relevant. Thanks for that.

• Bibliotheca Servare says:

I love page 12. “Choose your weapons well, then blow that tank to _____!”

Because “God forbid we say a naughty word like ‘hell’ whilst advising a man about how to go about killing a massive armored vehicle, and the guys in it!” lol.

That aside, that’s an *awesome* little pamphlet! The cartoons are great, too. Reminds me of some of the comic strips my grandpa and I used to read together. Awesome. :-) (of course, the subject matter is a little bit more serious, but the art just made me recall that time. Happy nostalgia. I miss my nonno.)

5. Granny says:

Tons of free ordinance. Can you imagine the unbridled glee?