Woo-hoo

Yeah, I’m back.
My time-out last one whole day.

I appreciate all the comments, suggestions and well wishes. It seems like I burn out about every 3-4 years and take some time off but I think this one day is about the shortest. It seems like when my Pops was dying I took a week or two and that was the longest.

I didn’t do much of anything, basically just sat around and fucked off and did a little reading. I should’ve planned it a little more carefully seeing as it was just a little too warm to do much of anything outside.

I do believe I’m going to take a suggestion that a couple of you emailed in to me and take one day a week off. That’s likely gonna be Saturdays because that’s by far my worst day as readership goes to the point that I’ve always wondered why I even bothered posting on that day.

Anyways, thanks for your understanding. It was very much appreciated.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Woo-hoo

1. Deb says:

Thank God you’re back. The Internet was SO boring without you.

2. Craig Goheen says:

Thanks!!!! My bribed work?

3. Roger.45 says:

Thanks. Carry on Wirecutter.

4. anonymous says:

Thanks for doing what you do well, which is blogging. Western Americana, funny stories from the past, guns, babes, humor and awesome photos – what is not to like ! The taking a day off a week is a good idea – charges up the batteries.

5. Free Citizen says:

Ken—even us retirees need a day off. I find that I am busier now than when I worked 2 jobs. My busy social calendar is almost always full. Mostly the wife’s and mine doctors appointments, but we do get to go fishing every so often. No one is going to fault you for taking a day off. Take care–your blog always starts my day.

6. Andy says:

Well Kenny, I am glad you did not plan your day off better. If you had, it would have turned into work too.

7. Joe Primeaux says:

Thanks for making your little break short. I look at your site many times a day and enjoy it a lot. Found myself missing the frequent updates..

8. yepyup! luis says:

God has given you a gift to share to the world!
    or at least us that follow you,….. titties pics on Saturday would be fine with me.

9. John Deaux says:

Good to have you back

10. bayouwulf says:

I may comment infrequently but, this is a mandatory check in blog. What retirement should be like. Do what you want, WHEN you want.

11. Rich Whiteman says:

Well sir, you had us all concerned. Good idea to take some time outs, but we all hope you don’t disappear.

12. I appreciate that which you do, but a “day off” is a very old and very good idea. Even God decided to take a day off.

Yeah, but He did a lot more work.

• Bacon says:

On an absolute basis, of course He did.
        But on a per-capita basis, given human limitations, it can be easily argued that we overwork ourselves in comparison to Him.

After creating everything, He didn’t “have” to rest, but He did.
        To teach us a lesson. To set a good example.

After doing our thing, we “do” have to rest, but it’s “okay” because He told us to take a day off.
        It’s a good thing for us, to follow His example.

13. Bob says:

Welcome back, I missed you yesterday.

14. Gregbee says:

Saturday’s off sounds like a good plan for ya. I’m pretty new here so went back and read some of your older stuff, now I got a plan for your well deserved days off. Thanks

15. CC says:

“Burnout ” is your body’s way of telling you that you’re not balancing your activities.
    It’s obvious to me a fishing trip or visit to the range is in order.

The range? You mean my back yard?

• Tennessee Budd says:

Nice thing about rural Tennessee–if I want to pop off some rounds, I go down the back steps & I’m on my range. Hell, I can shoot off the deck, too–I own the whole shootin’ match, if you’ll pardon the pun.
        Glad to see you back. I stop by every day. You have every right to take a day (or as many as you like) off; we’ll still be here when you’re ready to post.

I keep waiting for all the tobacco to come in so Wayne can pile up that dirt for my new backstop. As it is, I’m using the slope on my yard to stop the bullets.

16. Bootmaker says:

ive always tried to tell ya, its rough being a hero.

17. Concerned Mama says:

Time off isn’t a bad thing, especially if you do use it to recharge and do the things you want to and need to. Not talking chores type stuff, but doing things with Miss Lisa, exploring the gorgeous countryside you live in, fishing, etc. It helps to prevent burnout.

Take care of yourself and your family first. Your readers understand it and will still be here when you come back after days off or down time.

18. orlinsellers@gmx.com says:

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. John Lennon

19. Stevie says:

Saturday is a good day to pick. Kick back, chase a hen, cut the lawn…

20. Sanders says:

Fish weren’t biting?

21. The Old Man says:

I’ve always considered a day without Wirecutter to be like a day without bacon. Or MILFs. It’s a day, but could be much better…..

22. Prof6pack says:

You’ve been my daily first stop since Mayberry threw his towel in.
    I’ve been following you since milfy Mondays…
    Actually your blog had a different name back then , I can’t remember it
    Glad you’re around, rest up and keep kicking a$$,

23. Okie says:

Wow! That didn’t take long !
    Dude, even though you told me you were taking a break I still checked the site at least ten fucking times ! I spend a lot of time on the computer and there are sites that I visit regularly, but let me tell you, what you provide here is a fucking gem !
    I didn’t expect you back so soon but….
    I’m ok with it if you are !!!!

Dumb Ol’ Okie

24. NewVegasBadger says:

For what it is worth, here is my take:
    As a regular reader and fan, I would like to see you blogging for as long as possible. To that end I do think it would be your and your readers best interest if you were to take some days off (say every Sunday and Wednesday). You do have a life other than being online and family and friends who need face-to-face with you. You do need to spend time on those other things that interest you or to discover new items. You also need time to re-charge your emotional and mental batteries. The LAST thing I want to see posted, is the day when you sign off for good saying that this is not fun any more and you are tired of it all. And Knuckledraggin is gone for good. Don’t want to see you burn out doing this.
    I can count on learning some thing new when I read you blog; for that, my gratitude and appreciation. Going to go out and have a couple of beers at my favorite Joint. I’ll raise on to you!

• Bacon says:

Very well said.

Odds are good that when the EMP comes, I’ll be reading this blog.
      I only hope that it’ll come between posts, so I can finish my reading.
      It would suck to go through teotwawki wondering how the post ended.

25. Dave says:

Funny how many folk look to you to make our day better eh? Shine on, you crazy diamond!

26. Heathen says:

Glad you’re back. Don’t let the blog die, but don’t treat it like a “job”. You’re supposed to be retired.

Take time off when and as needed.

27. Inbred Redneck says:

I guess I, to, will tell you Im glad your back, and see if i can drive Angle crazy. Bet she’s checkin’ in hourly.

28. Paul Finney says:

take whole weekend bro!

29. Waepnedmann says:

Regarding Elmo’s comment at 1256:
    I helped build a dam on a cliff face for the railroad on the Feather River out of Pulga to catch the water from a creek and divert it into a 54″ pipe and then down the face of the cliff beside the railroad tracks then to daylight in the river. There were several places you could look across the canyon and see the evidence of the old stage road to Oroville. Rocks were stacked up in low areas to stabilize those sections of the road just like your pictures of the Sonora-Mono Toll Road. The stage road had been chopped/carved about half-way up (or down) on the cliff face on the other side of the canyon.
    One of the powder monkeys on our project learned not to hold det-cord in your teeth while making up charges. Evidently there is enough manufacturing residue on the surface of the det-cord to induce the same type of headache you get from handling dynamite.

30. Elric says:

Welcome back!

31. pdwalker says:

Bloody hell. I never got a chance to catch up on the old posts. And now I count 16 after this one?

You’re an animal!

Comments are welcome, but moderated out of necessity.