You go, Girl

ALBUQUERQUE, NM (KOAT/CNN) – A gas station worker has been suspended for two weeks for shooting a robbery suspect. But in an interview, the worker said she’s sticking to her guns.

“I grabbed my gun from my pocket, I cocked it, and I shot,” said Jennifer Wertz, who shot the robbery suspect. “I’m sick and tired of being a sitting duck.”
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in News, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to You go, Girl

1. Okie says:

Stand up to thugs AND a two week vacation ?! Hell yeah !!!!!

2. idaho bob says:

Give her a medal and a full time job!

Bob

3. nonncom says:

Bravo, young lady…..if I had a job to offer you could come work for me any time…..best of luck to you….hey, 7-11, wake up….

4. Circle jerk K is now off my list. Another case of no good deed going unpunished.

5. James.458 says:

I also would be looking for a new station to do business with.

6. OhioGuy says:

Albuquerque crime stats are way way up. The city PD has been under ‘Federal Oversight’ for years now, and officers are hesitant to do anything since “perps + scumbag lawyers” is the new growth industry. Good candidates are deciding to go elsewhere to serve

The mayor is responsible also … recently he authorized – with City Council approval – a $20M purchase of new …. wait for it ! …. street lights. So victims will have a great view of their robberies, rapes, murders and assaults. Quick math indicates that $20M coulda payed for a whole lot more on-the-street cops

Good on this lady.

• Unclezip says:

Are they still shooting unarmed homeless guys who try their patience?

• OhioGuy says:

No, the Boyd shoot established a new paradigm for PD fuckups, and in their favor APD did broom the two assholes who shot him

7. crazyeighter says:

I’d use that two weeks off to look for another job.

8. Tom MacGyver says:

Simple logic; if more people refused to become victims, there would be WAY less crime!

BRAVO, GIRL!!!

9. lineman says:

When you encourage thugs to rob you by giving them what they want what do you think is going to happen…Screw Circle K will never fuel at one again…

10. Bobo the Hobo says:

Reward bad behavior; get more of it. I hope that jackass robber doesn’t sue her but I suspect he already has a lawyer filing paperwork as we speak.

11. RebPirate says:

She should sue. I’m sure that the two week suspension was income that she couldn’t afford to lose, so (in my opinion) it is equal to wrongfully terminating her employment. Even if she quit or is looking for a new employer, Circle K has acted in bad faith.
    A similar situation happened at an A***Z*** near me a few years ago. The young man was flooded with job offers after A***Z*** fired him.

• Judy says:

I hope she is flooded with job offers because nobody has the right to ask anybody to suspend their right to protect and defend themselves.

12. ignore amos says:

What became of the Taco Bell employee who shot, last week? Did T.B. treat him fairly? I haven’t heard anymore on the story.

13. Bob M says:

My sort of woman. Should be many more like her.

14. Thats a good woman who did EXACTLY what she should have done…..she can play on my team anytime ……and if these assclowns fucking fire her ……
    Then somebody needs to hire her ……she’s a valuable asset… if i had a company of my own I would……….and young lady …….get yourself a good lawyer and sue the fuck out of these people for defending yourself ……..the life you saved was probably your own……..

• Westcoaster says:

As word of this gets around I sure hope some right-thinking company owner will want this ‘gal on their team. She acted bravely and Circle Jerk-Off K should be giving her a medal instead of suspension.

• I drove over to Ocala today and I bypassed two Circle Jerks before I refueled. Damn, there are a lot of them out there. I think that their arrogance stems from their high market presence. I won’t cave for convenience and I hope a lot of folks out there won’t too. Woah! I just did a search. Go here and get a mind boggling look at what what Circ Jerk is.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_K

15. Sanders says:

Albuquerque again.

I filled up my truck at that Circle K just a few weeks ago. Had a weird vibe there, then, too.

I also buy meat at the Keller’s meat store behind that Circle K.

If I had a job to offer her, I’d be getting in touch. Nobody working for me is expected to walk around defenseless.

16. warhorse says:

there was one a few years back in portsmouth,NH..clerk working late nights at a small convenience store. robber comes in demands cash..gets cash…then puts his gun to the head of the customer behind him, and gets shot by the clerk. cash is one thing, someone’s life is another. clerk gets fired.

the next day the convenience store across the street hires the clerk as a manager with a big bump in pay, being sure to let the word know “all our employees are armed, and if you threaten them they will shoot you”

store #1 gets robbed once a week, at least. store #2 has never been robbed.since then.