You served with Honor, Thomas.

The City Council in Charlottesville, Virginia, voted Tuesday night to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson from a park after a public hearing punctuated by protests and chants of “Let her speak.”

By voice vote, the council voted after 11 p.m. ET to ask a design firm to redesign Emancipation Park, where the Jackson statue stands — effectively ordering its removal once all court cases are resolved.

This entry was posted in Liberals, News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to You served with Honor, Thomas.

1. FriscoKid says:

Vice Mayor Wes Bellamy…called the Jackson and Lee statues “testaments to a fictionalized, glorified narrative of the rightness of the Southern cause in that war, when the actual cause was an insurrection against the United States of America promoting the right of southern states to perpetuate the institution of slavery.”

Behold the fruits of gubmint education in the FUSA!
    This ignorant motherfucker, race baiter, and black supremacist thinks he wants a race war. Dumbass.

2. cato says:

Stonewall Jackson was a great American and one of the best Generals the US has ever produced.
    It is damn shame.
    Nothing will detract from Jackson’s honor or reputation as a Military Leader.

3. John Deaux says:

Am I reading this correct, they are going to remove the statues no matter how the court rules .
    So does that mean I can do whatever I want in that town too.
    I mean a fuck the courts should work both ways.

4. Cavguy says:

Fucking USA Isis there for you. Just fuck um.

I’m getting old here where’s my starting signal for festivities?

5. crazyeighter says:

“…voice vote…”

Chickenshit cowards.

6. J Sage says:

Goddamn, what the fuck has happened to my Ol’ Virginny? My dearly departed momma was born in Stonewall Jackson’s red brick salt box home in Lexington when it served as the towns hospital. I took her remains home to bury in the family plot back in ought eight and ended up staying a couple more years to take care of her sister who’s health was fading. She and my uncle where born in that house as well. Man I grew up on all things Civil War and Rev War. It made me know and appreciate what being an American is. Stonewall Jackson Cemetery is full of veterans of both “Wars of Indepence”. Lol, it’s also where I got my first piece of ass one hot summer night under the watchful eye of Stonewall’s statue, standing magnificently amongst the graves of many other notable Americans who built and saved this this country from the ashes of tyranny. Washington & Lee University and Virginia Military Institute made for an interesting and eclectic mix of mountain folk, farmers, musicians and intellectuals. Always loved that little town, though because my momma married a VMI graduate I didn’t get to live there much more than in the summers as the ol’ man was an officer in the Army. Upon going back to bury my Ma and take care of my Auntie I could sense it wasn’t the town it once was. Momma’s words of, “goddamn Yankees” kept ring’n up in my ears. The magic was gone, poverty, drug use and alcoholism amongst the mountain folk, farms given way to McMansions and trendy horse farms, an academia given way to communist yankee bullshit. Broke my heart. That’s not to say there isn’t some absolutely wonderful souls still there, there is for sure those hearty ol’ Virginians a plenty, but the feel of what I fondly remember had faded greatly. Some of the best mountain music you’ll ever hear is there. Check out Dave Eakin & Steve Hoke’s album on screwtube, especially tracks 2, 3, 4 & 7. Yep momma……goddamn Yankees, those commie carpet bag’n sons a’bitches! Northern Virginia is completely lost over into a true Commiewealth State and just like them damn Yankee & British marches down into the Shenandoah Valley of years ago, it is spreading south, this time like a stage four cancer. I pray for my Virginia brothers and sisters and the heritage from which they came. God bless ’em, as they have suffered immensely from assholes relentlessly pushing their insidious bullshit tyranny onto them for their entire existence. Haven’t heard of any talk about taking down of any monuments in Lexington and there are more’n a few, but I imagine it’s just a matter of time.