And now you know…..

-Doc

This entry was posted in Guns, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to And now you know…..

1. Brad_in_IL says:

Very much reminds me of The Box o’ Truth . . . . .
    And remember this boys & girls . . . “Shooting stuff is fun”

2. Chris Mallory says:

Yeah, tests at the Boxotruth site showed about the only thing that won’t go through multiple sheets of dry wall is birdshot. Even that HV .5.56 that breaks apart will go through 8 sheets set up as standard frame walls ten feet apart.

3. Bob Sykes says:

A couple of years ago, or so, someone at Buckeye Firearms blog did a study on pistol wounds. He had about 2,000 to 3,000 reported cases. In general, all pistol calibers from .22 lr to .44 mag werre equally effective in deterring or stopping an attack. Of course, with the bigger calibers the attacker was dead, and with the smaller ones, say .32 and below, the attacker was able to run away. The point is that all pistol wounds are very painful and dissuade most attackers.

For me, I’d rather my attacker ran away than died. I do have a couple of .22’s, but my preferred pistol is a .380. Dirty Harry would be dismayed.

And with me it’s a 357 magnum most days although I’ve been carrying my 45 lately.

• JeremyR says:

Some critters are better of dead. That said, It is easier to shoot knowing the chance of killing them to be lower. The IDF uses .22 rounds in crowd control encounters. They shoot palistidiots in the shins to convince them to disperse.
      My work truck gun is either a .22 mag or a .38.

• NewVegasBadger says:

The advantage of having your attacker reach room temperature is less paper work you will have to fill out YMMV.
      PSA: You may want to consider having a lawyer on retainer. Consider it a given that if you are involved In a (anti) social encounter where you needed to use your firearm, you will have legal pain in the ass problems.

4. john says:

Wonder what a cheapie non cci round would do, like the cheap remmys in the 550 count box. As for home defense, #4 trkey shot thru a double extra full choke. Runaway far enuf to bleed out on the lawn instead of the living room floor .

5. fishdawg says:

On a whim,I wanted a .380 Bersa. Held one, most uncomfortable gun I ever tried. Bought a Walther PK380. It is, after 357 SP101, my favorite carry gun. Totally comfortable, accurate and light. Can pop off 9 very accurately in an blaze of lead. Love it.

6. bobdog says:

I wonder how many houses my .44 Magnum would go through?

7. M. Sage says:

If it can kill a human, it’s going to go through drywall without any issue. On the flip side, if it can’t defeat 1/2″ drywall, it’s got no business as a “defensive” load.

I can’t believe people choose birdshot, thinking that it will be effective while knowing full well it won’t go through a wall. Christ, I can (have) put a fist right through the stuff without even trying! Just don’t get unlucky and punch a stud. It’s the only way you’re NOT going to punch a hole in a wall if you even half ass try.

Plenty of people have been killed by birdshot. And while I wouldn’t use it myself, lots of people who live in town or apartments choose birdshot because it won’t go through walls – that whole ‘you’re responsible for your bullet’ thing.