Boar hunting Southern style

This entry was posted in Hunting. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Boar hunting Southern style

1. Tom W. says:

Harder one on one. Guides around these parts always have 2 or 3 with ballistic vests and GPS collars on. Its the job. And the dogs truly live for this. Prior to the load up and hunt, these hawg dogs can’t wait to get turned loose.

Freezer is getting a bit low on meat. Thanks Wirecutter need to make a call.

2. Jay says:

Texas Lacys are the best hog dogs. Had three.

3. Bad_Brad says:

Pretty impressive dog really. He’s on top of that shit. Hope he escaped with no wounds.

4. engleberg says:

Have you seen the ‘worst hunting dog ever’ on Stilhunt facebook?

5. Granny says:

Brutal, but effective. A good pig dog is worth his weight in wildcats.

6. Lofty says:

I will send you photo of my grandson with his first pig here in New Zealand.
    The dogs caught it and he stuck and killed it.
    Great fun for the lad.
    The dogs here also have ballistic vests and gps. I remember when we were carrying out field surgery all the time, on the dogs to get them to the vet. Still do from time to time.

7. rayvet says:

I’ve got a few clients that do this for fun. One day I’m gonna go with them and experience it first hand. Sometimes, unfortunately, those dogs get tore up pretty good. The dog’s I’ve dealt with have all been American Bulldog’s. Big old pussycats until they get close to a hog and then it’s game on and down to business. They tell me (I don’t know if it’s true or not) that sometimes a dog will latch onto one ear, then another dog latches on to the other and the hog will freeze right there and not move. They say (Again, they may just be fucking with me) you can walk up and stab the pig at that point) if you wanted to. Anyone know if that’s true or is it another cow tipping thing?

8. Brad says:

There’s a thousand plus preserve in northern Maine where I’ve hunted Russian Silverbacks. The dogs they use are Australian Shepherd Dog, nice as anything to humans, brutal to boar. The nip at the snout of the boar to coax it outta the woods onto the logging trail where we can get a clean shot…

9. anonymous says:

Used to be a T.V. show called ‘American Hogger’. It was basically about a small outfit that was hired out to remove hogs from properties with feral hog problems. ‘Made for T.V.’ stuff mainly, but it was impressive footage of dogs catching and holding hogs for humans to tie up and take away. Think it was on the ‘Discovery Channel’ – somewhat entertaining.