Manafort’s Rights violated?

Ex-campaign adviser Paul Manafort turned himself in Monday after being indicted for money laundering, and a slew of other financial crimes. The feds alleged he illegally funneled millions of dollars of payments into offshore bank accounts in order to avoid detection by U.S. authorities as it related to his work on behalf of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. While the indictment containing Manfort’s alleged criminal activities is very detailed, and well-documented, there is one area that could hurt Mueller’s investigation. Mueller’s team may have obtained evidence in the raid of Paul Manafort’s home that was not covered by the search warrant. That could be problematic.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Manafort’s Rights violated?

1. Chris Mallory says:

Another guy in this investigation is a prime example of why you don’t talk to the cops, including the FeeBI. George Papadopoulos took a guilty plea a couple of weeks ago over “lying to the FeeBI” by misrepresenting or not disclosing material facts. Talking to the FeeBI is what got Martha Stewart jail time. Don’t talk to the cops. “I want a lawyer and I am exercising my 5th Amendment right to remain silent.” is all you should say.

2. ChuckN says:

Doesn’t surprise me about the search warrant. And while we’re at it let’s
    talk about how leaking that an indictment is going to happen even if a
    grand jury had already been convened, is going to cause a major legal
    sh!t storm with or without an appeal.

3. Andrew says:

Also, if the warrant was based upon the Fusion GPS dossier, which has been proven to be untrue, a work of fiction, and a paid for piece by the DNC, Clinton and Obama, then any evidence from said warrant could be considered tainted and inadmissible, which would mean they would have to throw everything out.

This is certainly shaping up to be weird times.

• ed357 says:

Like mentioned below…..

Mueller had to change last week’s narrative…..

Uranium One, Clinton, 0bama, Podesta, Mueller, and Comey……

Think……..SQUIRREL ! ! !

4. Tom says:

Really wondering why Mueller had any jurisdiction to investigate the guy……now I suppose he can give what he finds to the feds but as stated, what was the warrant specifically for and who was it given too?

5. Sedition says:

Sounds like fruit from the poisonous tree.

6. Steady Steve says:

Trump knows Muller is up to his neck in the Uranium 1 deal and is letting him destroy his own credibility. There are some legal issues with the Manafort investigation also. I think Muller will be forced to step down in disgrace and turn on Hillary and Obama to save his own skin. The FBI needs a thorough flushing to get rid of the turds in the system.