Ol’ Remus speaks out

So. Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox will go to DC, sell out the membership, get nothing in return, explain what a good deal it was, and ask for more money to fight gun control. Just as they did with the Gun Control Act of 1968. And, having helped write and pass the Act, spent years clawing back some of its most onerous provisions and consequences.

Now the NRA is looking to help promote “gunstock control” even knowing gun control laws are written over-broadly and enforced even more broadly. All laws, including the proposed “gunstock control” law, make criminals where there weren’t any. And that’s all they do. They don’t prevent crime, they create it. More laws, more criminals. It can’t be any other way. To gun control activists, gun owners are criminals, and there aren’t yet enough laws to prosecute them all.
FROM HERE

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Ol’ Remus speaks out

1. Andy says:

Loves me some Woodpile

2. Champ Ferguson says:

I stopped wasting my money on the NRA ten years ago. Instead of paying lobbyist to work the system on our behalf, why don’t we actually vote all the lifetime politicians out of office?

• crazyeighter says:

I wouldn’t mind paying lobbyists to work in my behalf, if they actually worked in my behalf, instead of throwing me under the bus, helping write bad legislation and then pleading for money to fight gun control.

FTNRA.

3. Greywrath says:

Yeah, crap like this is why I let my membership lapse. When they endorsed Harry Reid in exchange for a fancy schmancy gun range in Nev., I saw the game. They’re AARP for “conservatives”.

4. bogsidebunny says:

Wayne’s a hypocritical asshole, sucking politicians’ dick on both sides of the aisle. Hell, he’s a golfer-boy in the Washington D.C. Beltway Politicians’ Club.

5. bogsidebunny says:

Check this recent video out. You think Republicans are on your side? Think again.

6. gamegetterII says:

Someone had a great idea that I read somewhere today.
    Send the NRA a one sentence letter- “no more gun control laws- period.”
    Send it to them in one of their own. donation envelopes- members get plenty of them they can share.
    Call the NRA and say the same thing- every day for as long as it takes.
    Then join GOA or JFPO or SAF.
    NAGR is questionable- they’re almost as bad as the NRA as far as begging for $$.

7. sjmld says:

The stripper for my SMLE or K98 increases the rate of fire. Any “extra” magazine increases the rate of fire. I would have to agree that this poorly crafted bill is mendacious rather than ignorant.