Ralphie May dead at 45

Fuck, I loved this guy.

Comedian Ralphie May died Friday at age 45, TMZ was first to report. HuffPost confirmed the death with May’s publicist.

Best known for finishing second on “Last Comic Standing” in 2003, the comedian had a successful stand-up career that included several specials on Comedy Central and Netflix.

His publicist, Stacey Pokluda, told HuffPost that May had been battling pneumonia and cancelled a handful of performance dates over the last month in an effort to recover. He died after a cardiac arrest.

This entry was posted in Videos, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Ralphie May dead at 45

1. Okie says:

No shit ! I just heard. He popped in here a few years ago for a one night only show at a local casino. That was some of the most vile shit I have ever heard. I have been a big fan ever since that show…
    45 is too young….

2. rayvet says:

Never heard of him. Watched this. Funny guy. But he’s like Chris Farley and John Candy. Put them in a body like they all had and have them getting excited and worked up as part of their career and that’s a recipe for a heart attack. Not one person should be surprised at this.

No, I wasn’t surprised when I saw this, just bummed. Last video I saw of him a couple years ago it looked like he was dropping weight and I hoped it had continued.

3. pigpen51 says:

We saw him in our small MI town a few years ago. Some stupid couple brought their 6 or 8 year old kids and plunked them right up front with them. Ralphie tried to get them to take the kids out, for probably 5 minutes, telling them he was going to get real raunchy, but the parents would not have it. He started with the blue stuff, and the ushers came and grabbed the kids and held them in the back until the show was over. Funny stuff, but for sure not for kids that young. I would not let my kids hear some of that stuff until at least high school age.

4. Jimmy the Saint says:

Always loved his bit about being in the Blackhawk during a tour of bases in Iraq.

5. Rob says:

Not funny, even somewhat. “I teach my kids to cuss, and my wife don’t like it so she physically attacks me. Ain’t that a riot?”

Try turning that one around and see how many people are amused by it. Man, I’m 72 years old and I have NEVER been able to figure out why so many dudes are so proud of being pussy-whipped. Truly one of life’s great mysteries.

• Fitty says:

The dude is dead. Really, think of Thumper. If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all.