Salt Lake City cop fired

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Brown fired detective Jeff Payne on Tuesday and demoted Lt. James Tracy for their involvement in the controversial arrest of University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels.

“I have lost faith and confidence in your ability to continue to serve as a member of the Salt Lake City Police Department,” Brown wrote to Payne in a scathing letter notifying him of his termination.

“I am deeply troubled by your lack of sound, professional judgment and your discourteous, disrespectful and unwarranted behavior, which unnecessarily escalated a situation that could and should have been resolved in a manner far different from the course of action you chose to pursue,” the chief wrote.

KSL obtained the chief’s letters to Payne and Tracy through a public records request.
AND HERE
-Woody & WiscoDave

This entry was posted in News, To Serve..., WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Salt Lake City cop fired

1. majmike says:

A thug with a badge gets his due.

2. H says:

Well, I’m one of those who believes that the police should be held to a higher standard than a normal citizen because of the extraordinary powers with which they have been entrusted. But if we can’t do that, then they should at least be held to the same standard.

It’s beyond question that the nurse was assaulted by the detective while he was working. If I’d assaulted somebody at work in front of a camera and a bucket full of witnesses I’d have been arrested and gone to jail as well as fired pretty much right away. And, if my supervisor had told me to go ahead and do it, he’d have been arrested as an accomplice and gone to jail as well as getting fired too. That’s the facts for most of us.

But not these two, and that’s wrong. And the former supervisor is still carrying a badge and a gun.

There has yet to be justice done in this incident and the results are still unsatisfactory.

• 15Fixer says:

“Well, I’m one of those who believes that the police should be held to a higher standard than a normal citizen because of the extraordinary powers with which they have been entrusted.”
      +10 Amen to that!!!

3. Cornholio says:

That fucker will just retire – he had about 30 years time in. Should have taken his retirement.

4. Padawan says:

I’m enjoying all of the white liberals on Facebook crying racism because white cops aren’t being fired and arrested for killing black people. “If a white cop can get fired for arresting a white person why aren’t white cops fired for killing black people?” is their narrative of the day. And of course there’s the classic liberal line of “You’re an ignorant (insert insult) and only Trump supporters are this racist.” So far today I’ve been called a racist and told that my “white privilege” is showing all because I backed up my opinions with through facts and research. I’ve been reported to Facebook because my opinion was different from the liberal who reported me.

Bottom line: I agree with the cop being fired. I just can’t believe it took this long.

5. Unclezip says:

Heard this morning the pig is contemplating legal action. What a fine example of he turns out to be.

• POd American says:

The legal action should be the DA filing assault and kidnapping charges and then prosecuting both. These two should both be in jail.

6. Bud says:

slightly o t, i wonder how the investigation with Mohamed Noor, the Somali cop in MN is going? did he get a pass for shooting the Australian woman?

• Brother Antony says:

If not yet, he probably will. In Ellison’s jurisdiction Sharia Law rules when the corpse is female and thus of no consequence.

• Mike_C says:

>Sharia Law rules when the corpse is female and thus of no consequence.

But not of zero value! In most Islamic jurisprudence the value (diya, “blood price” and roughly equivalent to weregild) of a woman is half that of a man. And the value of a non-Muslim is a fraction of that of a Muslim. A man of the book (Christian or Jew) has half the value of a Muslim man, while anything else (Buddhist, animist, atheist, etc) has one-sixteenth the value, in contemporary Saudi Arabia, to take but one example.

So if Justine Damond was Christian then her value was 1/4 that of a real human being, and if neither Christian nor Jew, then her life was worth 1/32 (that would be 3.125 percent) that of a real human being’s life. At least according to sharia law as practiced in the land of the House of Saud, our stalwart allies and bestest of best friends, keepers of the holiest of holies. Peace be upon them.

Remember, all cultures have equal value and validity. If you don’t accept that an agnostic woman’s life has <3.2% the value of the life of a Muslim man then you are a Deplorable misogynist. And an islamophobe. The smartest woman in the world said so.

7. 15Fixer says:

I’m not holding my breath just yet. The union/civil service review boards are notorious for getting miscreants re-instated. Payne needs to lose his LE certification so he doesn’t get re-hired at some other department. He also needs to go to prison. Tracy … maybe enough is done.

8. Dan says:

He was pink slipped ONLY because the video of his crime leaked out. Otherwise the chief and the department would have ignored his crime. This is PR based damage control…..nothing more. His POST certification will not be revoked and he will either be rehired after the union pushes back or go to another agency to continue his sociopathic activities. If those in charge were interested in actual justice he would have been arrested and charged. This is all just smoke and mirrors…..

9. Granny says:

He is a low life bully and slime ball. He will get a high paying job provided by one-of-the-boys and will do just fine. But we who have seen his face know who he is.