When cast iron is outlawed, only outlaws will have cast iron

CAMDEN COUNTY, N.J. (CBS) — A Camden woman is facing murder charges in the beating of her boyfriend last month.

It was Labor Day weekend when police in Woodlynne, Camden County were called to a convenience market on Mount Ephraim Avenue.

Jason Lewis, 35, was conscious, but bleeding from the head after he said he had been beaten by his girlfriend with a pair of frying pans, according to the Camden County Prosecutor.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to When cast iron is outlawed, only outlaws will have cast iron

1. rick says:

No one needs more than one iron skillet. And only bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, racist, inbred redneck fools think they need a rolling pin.

• Tom W. says:

I own my Great Aunt Edith’s antique Griswold 10″ cast iron pan. I can and have cooked everything in it. In the field and at home. And yes if it came to that, would beat someone to death.

I do have an old hardwood rolling pin. Also a fibe culinary weapon as needed. They just don’t build them like they used to

2. Jimmy the Saint says:

Unpossible. I am reliably informed that *only* men commit domestic abuse. Clearly, they are hiding his true cause of death.

• AlphaDelta says:

Ever hear the story about a drunk Indian from Michigan named Don Forsythe?

3. Jared says:

I think if it was cast iron he wouldn’t have survived for that long.

Definitely an assault weapon and it’s black.

4. DW says:

More info about the LV shooting. The sheriff is saying he had to have had at some point. Also another woman is being looked for. Sorry to high jack this post.

5. Skip says:

Got and use all cast iron. Dutch ovens, skillets, grills, the shit is heavy to pack to a camp site, but fuckin’ worth it.

6. Towser says:

Isn’t it obvious? We need to have a national conversation about frying pans.

7. sk6actual says:

My pans are my devoted personal slaves – a Lodge post ’60 10″ and a Lodge pre 60′ 7″. I don’t even recall when or where I got them though a blurred vision of a 70s Florida backcountry flea market while stoned waft through … sorry, I digress.

Ahh, those were the daze …

8. FriscoKid says:

Anybody have an idea where can I get white cast iron cookware?

Ya know, to match my privilege…

9. Robert the Biker says:

TWO frying pans, what was she, an ambidextrous psycho?

Play nice.