Why you don’t try to kiss a strange dog

This entry was posted in Dogs. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Why you don’t try to kiss a strange dog

1. Tom MacGyver says:

Tell me who sounded like Lassie in this situation…

2. Fair point, but in this case I believe the dog’s tail was stepped on immediately prior to this picture…

3. Sanders says:

My wife thinks every dog is her friend. I tell her over and over again that, no, every dog is not your friend until they prove they are.

4. Deb says:

Awwww. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

5. anonymous says:

Yeah, no kidding. When I walk my dog around the park, little kids will yell and run towards the dog, wanting to pet her. I have to grab my dog’s collar and get between it and the kid, telling them ‘Never run up to a dog you don’t know’. My dog isn’t psycho, but anyone rushing up to it can be considered an attack and she will defend herself.

Parent’s used to ingrain this in their kids, but I guess that doesn’t happen any more, at least where i live.

• Judy says:

I see a lot of this with people who have dogs and children. I was in a home with a two-year old that was misusing their small dog, treating it like it was a stuffed toy. The dog was growling. I stepped in and told the kid she was going to get dog-bit if she didn’t knock it off. Mama says and I quote, “The dog would never bite her.” Yeah, riiightttt! The dog had its ears laid back, growling and was trying to hide/get away from the kid. Short of biting the kid what other clues could the dog have sent that said, “I have had enough. Leave me alone.”?

I haven’t been back over there cause I can’t keep my mouth shut over the whole situation. I don’t want to watch the kid get bit because the parents aren’t bright enough to put a stop to the kid’s behavior. And the part that really pisses me off, is the dog will get put down for biting the kid.

6. Staring at dogs is aggressive behavior. Putting your FACE in front of a dog is a good reason to have it bitten off. A dog that you raised from a pup will put up with it…but not anyone else, unless the dog is an omega. (pussy/wimp)

7. Okie says:

I have found out numerous times that if your dog bites someone, it is always your fault regardless of the circumstances. A kid was poking the dog through the fence with a broomstick and antagonizing her.
    “Lizzy” Borden jumped over the 6ft. fence and ate the kids ass !! Parents of kid sued and wanted the dog destroyed. I was only able to convince the judge to spare the dog. I was told to pay for everything else…. Their legal, my legal, kids medical, court costs….
    Almost ten grand….

• somedude says:

back in the day, dads would have said why were you fuck’n with the dog. bought you a case of beer and got a belt for the kid. we live in bizarro land.

8. Klaus says:

Collies are well known biters anyway.

9. arc says:

This is kind of how my dog treats me when I want him to nudge up to me on the sofa. Although hes all show and growl. Bugger knows better than to bite. :P

10. RonM says:

My first German Shepherd, Rudy, was a stray and not all that friendly to strangers. He had been abused and you could tell. But I wasn’t too worried about it because I kept him in the backyard and the fence was tall enough to keep Rudy in and pretty strong. Then one day I heard him going crazy and a kid crying and screaming his head off. I ran to look out the window and saw a fat Messycan woman dangling her baby over the fence like it was bait, teasing Rudy with it. When Rudy lunged, she’d snatch the kid back over the fence, laughing her head off. She must’ve done that three or four times before I saw her and yelled at her from the window to vamose her dumb ass out of there.

WTF, man, some people are so stupid around dogs!

If Rudy had sunken his teeth into that kid, the court probably would’ve ordered him to be euthanized and the mother would’ve sued me for everything I have or ever will have in the future. Even if she didn’t succeed, it wouldn’t have been cheap. **Spit!**

11. idaho bob says: