Word

This entry was posted in funny pics. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Word

1. The DMV seems to be the epitome of govt.

2. guy says:

Heh, I had to renew my driver’s license this past spring. I drove in and the parking lot was so empty I though they had moved offices again – they had done that to me once before.

Flag was still up and the sign said ‘OPEN’ so wtf. Walked in and there were DMV flunkies wandering around, just no people. A nice looking lady motioned me over – turned out to have the sexiest russian accent, “Computers are down, I can help you fill out the paperwork, but after that you’ll have to wait until they come back up, sorry”.

So I filled out the paperwork, sat down, opened up an e-book on my phone and *poof* computers were back up. They were down long enough to clear the place out.

Total time, spent 10 minutes. Fastest DMV trip ever.

3. Andrew says:

Well, down here in Florida, our Governor, Rick Scott, combined the DMV with the DL office and the Tax Collector.

So now, you go in and get served within reason, get your tests, tags, titles and taxes done in one place, and you’re out.

Suck it, Big East. Us Floridians got it made. (Florida, excluding most everything from the I-4 corridor south, especially Miami!)

4. SAM says:

One of the few good things things about the UK no DMV.

5. Same thing in Germany: the Kraftfahrzeugzulassungsstelle is the 9th circle of hell, as described by Dante. I would rather have a root canal without anaesthesia than deal with these guys, and yet we have to.
    Did you know that in the Netherlands you can register/de-register your car at the post office, and with a minimum of hassle at that?

We do ours here in Macon County at the courthouse. Takes about 5 minutes.

• Lucky you. Here in my home county generally it takes you at least two (2) hours to register a car; and 90% of that time is spent sitting around waiting while watching our bureaucratic overlords chatting and having snacks at their desks.
        Mind you, this is just a very simple but nevertheless mandatory registration process.
        The real nightmare is the roadworthiness test which is being done by the “Technische Überwachungsverein” (TÜV). Here you will see an incredible amount of nit-picking and bean counting until you get the mandatory sticker; every time … and we have to qualify for this TÜV sticker every year.

Oh, I remember the roadworthiness qualification, believe me. A patch of rust larger than a certain surface area is a disqualifier.

6. Steve in ky says:

Man, I want to go down on record. Scottsville Ky has the finest DMV ever. Open Saturday, 10 mins in and out. Just awesome people, and nice.

7. Chet says:

Medina County Texas, Devine, Texas office, 11 years I’ve been going there and never a line. In and out ASAP.

8. Fubar57 says:

Thank god you can do this online in NC, under 5 minutes. Property taxes included.

9. arc says:

Went to the DMV years ago in Texas… brought several items with me but then they wanted more! Even my enlistment contract from the federal fucking government that had my name and physical address on it was apparently not good enough. “We can’t accept this, we need a piece of mail with your physical address…”

“9/11 changed everything…” Bullshit, the feds changed everything and used 9/11 as an excuse. Couldn’t get an ID without transcripts, SS, birth certificate, the whole works, but you send an illegal alien in there and last I checked, get their own special, probably pain free, process. Its very difficult to get a piece of mail with my address on it because of how remote I am. Its P.O box or bust.

I want a world were we do not have IDs, are not spied on, and don’t require licenses for every day activities.

Even the dentist wants an up to date picture of my face now “for my protection”.

• crazyeighter says:

“How many people have you had come here and lie their way into a root canal by claiming they were me?”