A long history of losing

Yeah, I know Ford, Nixon, Carter and Bush ‘won’. They’re still losers.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A long history of losing

1. 1980XLS says:

Ford never won. Just sayin’

• Judy says:

Yup, Ford was never elected as Vice President, he was appointed. He was Speaker of the House.

• Aesop says:

Not so.
        Ford wasn’t “Speaker of the House” ever, that post was held by Democrats (except for two two-year hiccups in ’47 and ’53) for decades, before and after, from 1932 to 1994. Ford was just a reliable schmuck (R) congressman from Grand Rapids when VP Agnew had to resign for being a crook, while Nixon was about to be impeached for being a crook.

Ford was never elected to national office in his entire life.
        He was a presidential accident, and an asterisk in history.

And every one of those bumper stickers are the losing campaigns, every year from 1960 onward.
        Somebody’s a collector, or just wants everyone to know they’re a loser.

2. engleberg says:

Nixon/Lodge lost in 1960. Hmm. So’d every other sticker on the bumper. Must be his point. ‘Don’t blame me, I voted against everyone in office.’
    Those bumper stickers all look new.

3. Richard says:

They’re all from losing campaigns. Nixon in 1960, Carter in 1980, Bush in 1992. Ford never won.

4. kevinH says:

Actually, Ford never won, Bush lost to Clinton in 92, Carter lost to Reagan in 80,and Nixon lost to the Kennedy cabal in 60…

5. Looks Photoshopped to me. Either that or the stickers are replicas. Lot of those stickers too old to be on a car that new.

6. Skip Fanning says:

Gee , that looks like the back of my old pick-up. Mine are original – Goldwater–> 64 stickers. I want a recount!!!