Amateurs…..

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) personnel lost more than 200 firearms and close to 1,900 badges over a three-year period, according to a new watchdog report.

Between fiscal 2014 and 2016, DHS personnel lost 228 firearms, 1,889 badges and 25 secure immigration stamps, with many left unattended or unsecured, DHS’s Office of the Inspector General said in an audit released Tuesday.
-WiscoDave

*****

I’ve been carrying a firearm for over 35 years and have yet to lose one.

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, Guns, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Amateurs…..

1. guy says:

Having to pay your own hard earned cash, or alternatively being held personally responsible for the guns you carry makes a difference.

2. John Deaux says:

You haven’t lost any for the same reason your readers, myself included, have not lost any. We have to buy ours and there’s legal consequences for us. A fed agent looses his issued gear and there’s paperwork and maybe a small demotion. Life goes on for them pretty much unencumbered

3. crazyeighter says:

These are the same people that will jack an 01 FFL Dealer’s ass straight up for having the wrong abbreviations on a 4473.

4. majmike says:

I’ve been carrying various firearms for 46 years. Haven’t lost one yet.

5. Steve says:

Wirecutter, you’ve had strong motivation to hang on tightly to your firearms. YOU paid for them from YOUR pocket. Also, in California, you would have likely been arrested and sued if you lost them. Do the Feds have such concerns? Not so much….

6. CC says:

Big difference when you pay for things outta your own pocket…

7. pinebuffalo says:

I don’t carry one every day, but I’ve had one nearby for approximately 68 years and never lost a single one of them.

8. Trib says:

Some one is arming someone with weapons and don’t be surprise to see badges on Antifa or drk gov bursting in to a house to confiscate weapons.

9. Winston Smith says:

I’m still pissed off after years and years of reading about all these lost cop guns and I’ve never even found ONE of them.

• RonM says:

I hear ya. Sounds like all we’ve gotta do is start following one of these doofus looking DHS guys. Sooner or later he’ll leave his weapon out for us to pick up and take home.

10. jimmie mason says:

Might be because you paid for yours. I’ve found that people take care of things more when they pay their own money for it.

11. Andy says:

Badges? We don need no stinking badges.