…and a ticket to boot!

This entry was posted in funny pics. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to …and a ticket to boot!

1. Joe Blow says:

I’ve talked to several firefighters…. who LOVE when some schmuck parks in front of the hydrant. They pop every piece of glass they feel the need to, some they don’t, and then tell the cops to write the numbnuts a ticket.
    Watch where you park, emergency services put up those signs for a reason.

2. NTS says:

Tee hee. Going through life stupid just runs up the bill.

3. rick says:

My firefighter friend told me that there is no doubt whatsoever that they’ll use their engine to ram and relocate any vehicle. And yes, they will push a hose through an illegally parked vehicle, in some instances flooding the car.

I’m of two minds on this. One who interferes with firefighting should bare the consequences. On the other hand, it is very statist to insist that the state is immune when causing damage to private property while attempting to minimize damage to other private property.

• somedude says:

private property and loss of life. I do not want an interior attack team running out of water nor be able to preform a complete interior search because some yahoo parked his rig next to a plug. so yeah run the hose thru it. it is woodshop 101, some can be told that blade will cut your fingers off, some need to cut their fingers to understand.

• Larry says:

Yep. It’s not as if the jackass didn’t know and was not warned by curb Marlins and in many place a sign, too, not to park there. Assholes that think their personal convenience outweighs a possible emergency situation deserve it all.

4. Pity it’s not a BMW.

5. Doc B says:

Done it before. Its fun.

6. Thomas says:

Don’t care if it is fun. It is childish and not nessasary in most instances I have seen. By all means ticket the he’ll out of them , but this is destruction for no reason. I was a vol fireman a long time ago. ( You don’t have elbow hose coupling on your truck?)

7. Bigg Ale says:

Naw Thomas, it’s not childish. Your time was long ago and we don’t carry elbow couplings. We expidite hookup with a involved home. We carry glass punches and five inch. I work a city department, and if you’re stupid enough to block a hydrant like that one is, then you’ll get the five inch through the windows. They can always try and bill the city.

8. Ventilation crew says:

It’s just as fast to pop the doors… OFF. No glass to crunch around in and easier on the hose.

It IS fun!

P.S. you WANT a Halligan Tool!

9. JC says:

Umm. You parked in front of a fire hydrant. It’s not like you didn’t see it. It’s not like you didn’t know it was wrong.

99 times out of 100 it’s a ticket.

We happened to need that hydrant at the same time you were being a fucking idiot.

Shut up. Pay the penance for being a self centered douche.

Oh. Blow me.

BTW. 30 year FF/PM

So double blow me..

10. thomas says:

Not defending,blocking a hydrant, see comment about ticketing, purposely damaging property is uncalled for. I do understand urgency of getting water on target , but you take time to punch out window and thread hose over broken glass rather than use a coupling? Then express moral superoity nd glee in having done so?

11. Doc B says:

Nope. Don’t carry 5″ stortz elbow couplings……nor should we. By the way, I never expressed moral superiority…..reread the post.

But since you brought it up….I am superior to the douche who parks his car in front of a fire hydrant. And I do take pleasure in helping douches learn the error of their ways.

12. Dennis says:

How is this different from cop busting out taillight after pulling you over for speeding? Abuse of authority while hiding behind badge, for the greater good.

13. Jim Bob says:

After reading this expressive pile of fire fighter bravado, I’m thinkin’ they’re not any better than the jack-booted thug PO-lice we have to contend with. fuck them all

14. Dennis says:

Remind me again, what group resorts to name calling ,when they are questioned ? I am an idiot for observing that it is abuse of authority ( immediate vigilante justice) , under cover of a badge, by people who want to teach a lesson. Re read the thread, ” THEY LOVE BUSTING OUT ALL THE GLASS THEY CAN” Teach some douche a lesson”. “Blow me” 30 year FF.Not very professional. BTW I have heard the cops justify traffic enforcement on grounds of saving lives , perhaps the difference is the immediacy of the life threating situation?