And in Florida news…..

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. – Authorities are investigating after raw meat with fishhooks was left at the dog park inside Bicentennial Park in Ormond Beach, according to deputies with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to the park Tuesday afternoon after a park-goer said another woman’s dog was eating one of the balls of raw meat. The dog was taken to Tomoka Pines Veterinary Hospital with two meatballs and fishhooks were found inside them, deputies said. Animal hospital staff examined the meat brought in with the dog and found several small fishhooks. After an X-Ray veterinarians determined that the dog did not eat any of the fishhooks, according to the report.

This entry was posted in Dogs, Florida, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to And in Florida news…..

1. anonymous says:

Probably some nut job stepped in some dog shit years ago and still holds a grudge against them. What a pathetic individual that person is – intentionally feeding an animal that will cause it harm.

2. Robert Skipworth says:

The sentiment of creating dog parks is well meant but misguided. There will always be some asshole that will do something like this. I don’t take my buddies (dogs) to dogparks because there will always be shitheads who don’t vaccinate or prevent a contagious dog from mingling with others. I hope they catch this asshole and feed him a few fishhooks

• Sanders says:

Yep. The first time I went to a dog park was the last time I went to one. I looked around at all the dogs, the dog shit everywhere, and realized that was not a good place to take my pup.

3. rayvet says:

If they catch the SOB’s that did this, they need to be locked away for life. It’s a known fact it’s just a short hop skip and a jump from animal abuse to violent crimes against humans. This would be the perfect time to start implementing “pre-crime” incarceration. Of death penalty. Whatever floats your boat.

4. Geoff R says:

If the dogs have meat with fish hooks,check for middle eastern neighbours.Dogs are not liked at all.

• Sanders says:

Yep…muzzys are at the top of the suspects list. But there are many more sickos who could have done it, as well.

5. Judy says:

Since fishing line wasn’t attached, I guess they weren’t looking for dinner.

True story – My uncle while in Germany right after their surrender was out with some buddies. They saw a treble hook baited with some fresh meat hanging out a second-story window a few inches off the sidewalk. They decided to step back and watch the hook. After a few minutes a cat came along and took the ‘bait’. The line was reeled in and a few minutes later the hook reappeared with fresh ‘bait’ on it.

6. Skipperdaddy says:

Used to live right down the street from this park 1992, its right on the beach. Rented it once for my sons BD party. Only a small section was dog friendly then. Used to be a laid back beach community, last time I rode thru there as the old folks died off and the beach hippies moved out, rentals took over and it was Meth/Oxy central. Looked like a 3rd world slum.Damn shame, had some good times there once.

7. Heathen says:

As much as I loathe the neighbor’s mutt, I’d never do anything like that.

8. Andrew says:

This is one of the things that the more radical and militant side of PETA has been talking about for years. Stupid shit like baking nails or poisons into dog treats and shit like that.

Motherfuckers need to be found and killed.

And this shit started in California, so a big “Fuck You to those leftcoast lib-tards.