Gonna get a little cool this winter

Autumn in Siberia often provides a glimpse into what winter has planned for the Great Lakes, including the Buffalo Niagara region.

So prepare to bundle up this winter.

Expect a frigid winter with at least one visit from a lobe of the polar vortex, according to climate researchers funded by the National Science Foundation.
MORE/MAP

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Gonna get a little cool this winter

1. Sanders says:

Funny. The National Weather Service put out a forecast last month that it was going to be a mild winter.

They can’t prognosticate weather one week out, but still think they can say what the weather will be like years from now.

• Elmo says:

Yeah, they ‘Prog’nosticated a La Nina year of below average rainfall here on the Left Coast, and my berg has already received the beginning of a season just like last year’s record rainfall.
      My money is on another heavy rainfall year here in California. That’s what my gut and the critters are telling me. They’re generally more accurate than the National Weather Service.

2. Dick Summers says:

Polar vortex my ass. It’s winter.

3. Exile1981 says:

Farmers almanac says very cold winter this year.

• Andrew says:

Ayup. And the furry caterpillars are especially hairy, and all the tree rats are super fuzzy. Gators are digging deep, always a sign of cold weather.

4. Michigan Doug says:

So it’s like every other fuckin winter here.

5. Stretch says:

I trust my wife’s bum knee more than the NWS.

6. GregN says:

Folks in the US always talk about cold coming down from Canada as though it’s our fault. But see it’s really the Russians! Not us! We are burning fossil fuels like crazy to contribute our 0.9% towards global warming! Join in our crusade, buy much more tar sands oil!