Great big balls

Man, I can feel the adrenaline in my palms and soles of my feet just looking at this.

-Abby

This entry was posted in Cool Pics, History. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Great big balls

1. Greg B says:

Nope.
    Fuck that.

2. RonM says:

Got his hard hat on. Good to see a man following those safety rules.

3. Canadian Boots says:

Yaaa. .. that’s not real.

4. JB says:

Ah yes. That’s the nope-beam located at nope-tower which is at the corner of no way and in hell which is in nopeville, USA.

5. Elric says:

He is fucking nuts.

That said, hell of a pic.

6. One of the many Bill's says:

NO Fucking Way!!

7. Norman says:

Tremendous amount of co-worker trust there – he couldn’t have gotten there by himself, and it’s highly doubtful he could get down by himself unless there’s climbing gear or a parachute not visible in the picture.

8. anonymous says:

No fookin’ way man. Even with my feet securely fastened to said column, let alone just standing there could I do that.

9. Peaowed says:

Hey, Carl. I’ve got some good news and some bad news. The good news is you won the shop’s Biggest Balls competition. The bad news is the crane just broke.

10. Ken M says:

Just…hell no

11. Bacon says:

I don’t get it. Other than being dropped off by crane, how does he get up there?
    And if he somehow climbed up there, how does he get on top of the darn thing?
    And what use is being up there anyway, since when the next girder comes up, he has nowhere else to stand? Where does he stand while attaching it?

12. Glenn B says:

One good gust of wind and for a several seconds he’d be flying and then…

13. Brother Antony says:

All over the West, having looked at that photo, the parasitical pukes and Jobsworths of the ‘Elf and Safety’ scam are probably screaming and fainting at the thought that that project might have been completed on time and within budget.

14. bogsidebunny says:

The fuckers got strong magnets in the soles of his boots.

15. John V says:

He is probably a Mohawk Indian. They do most of that hight wire act and build the skyscrapers.
    Mohawk tribe has an inner ear defect at the genetic level that omits them from experiencing vertigo. So being high up on a narrow beam is the same as being on the ground on a narrow beam. Neat feature.

16. Thomas says:

I don’t know, I have seen an iron worker walk up a beam. No belt, no magnets, just a pair of boots and gloves. They took down an old water tower at work, rode up and down on the headache ball, cut out big sheets of steel while standing on a guy wire. Crazy stuff.

17. Bob says:

The photographer is higher

18. Kenny the Scot says:

Great photo.

19. Gryphon says:

Definitely, Some People are inherently Unafraid of Heights – I’ve stood on the Skid of a Helicopter to Change a Strobe-Light atop a 1,200-Foot Tower, Wore a Belt mostly so I could Lean Over and use both Hands. Another Pilot I Knew was so Scared of Heights He couldn’t Climb Up the Stairs 20 Feet to the Deck of our Freighter without closing His Eyes and Both Hands on the Railings. Flying at 10 Miles above the Ocean, no prob.
    But Yeah, this Guy is Crazy…

20. I don;t mind a reasonable height, but that scares the living shit out of me. Just think of the WIND and the Flexing of the beams.

21. Kenny the Scot says:

This is what my brother does offshore … he was up there for 7 hours last trip, on a semi, in poor weather ..