Only half?

Nearly half of white Americans living in the South feel like they’re under attack, a new Winthrop University poll found.

Forty-six percent of white Southerners said they agree or strongly agree that white people are under attack in the U.S. More than three-fourths of black respondents said they believe racial minorities are under attack.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Only half?

1. Sanders says:

The other half aren’t crying about it. They are quietly preparing to defend themselves.

2. bogsidebunny says:

Common sense, simple observation and critical thinking should reveal to anyone America has become the real-life version of Planet of the Apes.

3. Mike_C says:

Well heck. I’m NOT white and I DON’T live in the South, and I’m pretty damned certain that whites are under attack. And these United States (and what pitiful remnants remain in Western Europe) do need to protect white European heritage. And leave the goddamn Confederate statues alone, in situ, FFS.

I’m assuming that your “Only half?” was ironic, but to get a bit ‘Spergy here, I’m sure people lie on such polls out of fear that they are not truly anonymous. Which they aren’t. (And which I ain’t now, I am fully aware.) It’s been this way for decades, only much more so after the last administration: Career-wise, you’re safer to slug a white man in the face — for no reason at all — in front of witnesses, than to be accused of saying anything that might be construed to hurt, disparage or [somehow] oppress an individual from a designated victim class.

[Man, I had a long rant, which I’m going to delete; suffice it to say that I’m sick of this shit, and I’m not even white.]

4. Unclezip says:

They didn’t bother asking the other half.

5. Winston Smith says:

What did Picard say?
    “Make it so.”

Lets get this over with before I am too old to contribute.

6. hbbill says:

Bias much??? Half of the whites but THREE QUARTERS OF THE BLACKS!!!! Let’s do some simple math here. The Blacks in this country comprise roughly 13% of the population. Let’s give the South the benefit of the doubt and say that the 13% applies across all the Southern states. The real number then would be three quarters of that 13%, a much smaller figure than implied by the article.

• Tsquared says:

Your math is a bit off. Blacks my be 13% of the nationwide population but they represent 38% in the metro Atlanta area, roughly the same number as the Caucasian population. There are some GA counties where they are the majority.

Go to Salt Lake City and see what the percentages are. You have the Jazz basketball team and maybe a few dozen more Blacks. They represent less than 1% of the population.

7. David Lawson says:

Divide & Rule always works for a while until the Peasants wake up. Then things get very interesting & usually better for everyone but the elites for a while.

I myself can hardly wait for the end of this “Empire” period of our nation. Which in spite of everything is still the last great hope for the world.

8. Sedition says:

They have whites so terrified with being labeled racist, that they won’t respond. Screw that.
    They are taking away our Southern flag, monuments, they’re going after the US flag and Star Spangled Banner, they’re crushing the 1st Amendment by attacking Christian thought and beliefs in favor of Islam and turning everything that comes out of white mouths as “hate speech”, they bitch about “white privilege” while enjoying a lower standard to get into college than other races, they take advantage of “affirmative action”, they collect into racist back groups like NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus, 100 Black men, and if more than 2 whites are seen talking together WE’RE the racist group, They demand “safe spaces” away from whites, white free campuses and housing, some even want their own black government, yet WE’RE the racists. They keep demanding free this and free that.
    Ever wonder if there is truly “white privilege” that most biracial (black and white) people identify as black? Why would they choose the side that doesn’t carry so much “privilege?” Because the victim mentality brings so many more privileges. They are going to keep pushing until things explode and things are not going to be pretty.