Some homeless junkie couldn’t believe his luck

San Francisco police are investigating the theft of a shotgun, rifle, ammunition, bullet-proof vest and FBI jacket stolen sometime Friday from the car of a San Mateo County Sheriff’s sergeant who was attending an FBI task force meeting that day in San Francisco.

According to San Francisco police, the burglary of the unmarked car was reported just after 10 p.m. Friday on Jones Street. The police released the information about the theft around noon Sunday.
-Elmo

This entry was posted in California, Guns, To Serve..., WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Some homeless junkie couldn’t believe his luck

1. Gosh, if only there’s been a background check on robbing vehicles, this never would have happened! /sarc

2. California Southpaw says:

Task force meeting. The irony.

3. Elmo says:

And, just like in the case of the stolen gun that was used to kill Kate Steinle, we will never know the name or gender of the BLM Agent/Sheriff’s Sergeant whose vehicles the weapons were stolen from.

• Elmo says:

I’ve just been informed by David Codrea that the BLM agent’s name was John Woychowski Jr.
      During Kate Steinle’s murder trial, he said he put the semi-automatic handgun in a backpack hidden behind the reclined driver’s seat of his personal SUV.
      “It was well-lit, metered parking with other pedestrians in the area,” Woychowski testified. “I thought it would be pretty safe.”

4. ha! luis says:

And here I’am I’m filling out the 4473 being so carefull to print neat, cross my T’s, check off the correct box and shit……..

5. Unclezip says:

Why would a Deputy Sheriff have an FBI jacket? Is this part of the federalization we’ve been talking about? Or is is just inter-agency bling?

• RTinWeimar says:

His ATF jacket was at the cleaners?

• crazyeighter says:

Social climbing…

• Mike_C says:

Hell, I was once trapped with 8 TSA agents on an airport parking shuttle. Seven young white guys mostly with high-and-tights and aviator shades, ranging from mostly in-shape to definitely portly; the eighth was an older white dude maybe in his late 50’s who looked like a retired cop and was definitely NOT with them, if you know what I mean, despite being in their company.

So the lead wannabe was regaling the rest about how he found some on-line LE supply house that sold clothing with agency logos and labels on it. “They don’t check, man. All you gotta tell ’em is that you’re law enforcement, and we’re law enforcement! It’s not a lie or anything. I got an FBI jacket and cap last week!” While he was rattling on about how he was going to get a plate carrier or some such shit, come next paycheck, I happened to catch the eye of the older dude. I raised an eyebrow. Older dude gave a minuscule shake of his head and rolled his eyes.

6. JeremyR says:

When I was in small town government, we hired an officer so we would have some one to patrol when the kids got out of school. With in a month he was assisting with the regional drug task force. Pretty soon we only saw him when he came to get his check.
    I may be wrong, but from what I read, the busts had two results, a guilty plea to a lesser offense, or a not guilty verdict.
    To add insult, we got charged for over time even after he city council refused to authorize any, then, when a new council fired him, he was hired by the regional task force, then fired for Clintonomics.