This is going to piss off New Jersey and California

National reciprocity for concealed carry passed the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday is expected to receive a floor vote before the end of the year.
The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017. It changes federal law that so concealed carry permits are treated like driver’s licenses, making a permit from one state valid in the other 49. This would fix the complicated and often confusing patchwork of concealed carry laws currently in effect throughout the country.
-WiscoDave, JD

*****

I was just reading up on New Jersey’s gun laws yesterday. Talk about a bunch of chickenshit assholes.

This entry was posted in California, Guns, Liberals, Politics, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to This is going to piss off New Jersey and California

1. Padawan says:

I’d love to see the non compliance rates for states/municipalities with “strict” gun control laws.

• Nemo says:

I read an article on that just yesterday, but can’t remember what site it was on. From my growingly feeble memory, registration compliance in CT and NY is estimated to be on the order of 2-3%.

• Exile1981 says:

Tie it to the existing reprecosity laws for drivers licenses and marriage licenses. That way any state that refuses to accept the concealed carry permits has their drivers licenses and marriage certificates no longer acceptable anywhere else.

2. Oldav8r says:

I predict that, if it becomes law, it will take years to filter down to the cop on the beat who has an issue with CCW.

3. hey! luis says:

Ha! just came back from applying for my Florida CCW again, didn’t take more than 15 minutes.

4. Marach says:

**SO** glad to have escaped New Jersey. Gun laws were so draconian that you were in violation if you stopped to get gas or lunch on the way to or from the range. And you had to take the most direct route.

5. John Eperjesi says:

What happens to the cartridges in your firearm? NJ has made it criminal if you have hollow-points in your firearm as only law enforcement can use them. I live on the Delaware River in PA across from NJ and my carry guns always have hollow-points in them. There have been a few times, while carrying, that I have been detoured across the bridge because of an accident that has closed the off ramp for the last exit in PA. Each time, I’m thinking to my self, “God don’t let me get into an accident in NJ”. Straight to jail, do not pass go………

• crazyeighter says:

In the unlikely event this passes, it will be the old “If you’re licensed in State A, and carry in State B, you must comply with the laws of State B” Gotcha! clause. I’m sure NJ and others will exploit the shit out of it.

6. Winston Smith says:

Slam this one down and move on to the suppressor bill. Thatll guarantee my vote.

7. Lord of the Fleas says:

Welp, the proggie bots have always insisted on denying states’ rights to establish their own laws. So they can’t complain now …

8. Wayne says:

Not sure I want reciprocity if the way some states issue their drivers licenses would also apply to CCW. What about states with constitutional carry (no permit required)? I would rather see a constitutional carry at the federal level than a reciprocity law. Our second amendment is at the federal level – not state – therefore states have no legal means restricting a federal right. But evidently I’m just a simple fella that can’t quite grasp the English language.

9. bucketman617 says:

I’m from Jersey. It is worse than it just the laws. Police dept. can hold you up depending on the town. Concealed carry is near impossible to get. We get Utah and New Hampshire permits so we can carry out of state.

• Brad says:

I had a friend in Jersey who bought a gun in CT, but had to wait over a year before Jersey authorities approved his permit…

10. Westcoaster says:

This wouldn’t help me at all here in Socal where you’ll take 6 months and about a grand to get a CCW. Utter bullshit and man do we need to carry with all the bums and homeless on the streets.

In Stanislaus County I hear it was about half your cost and twice the wait.

• Elmo says:

Pray that SCOTUS finally decides to hear the Peruta case.
      Meanwhile, living in a ‘may issue’ county in California IS utter B.S.
      XX

• Tom in NC says:

There was some talk about people in states like CA and NY and MA being able to use non resident permits from another state to carry in their own state – but not sure if that was in the final bill.

11. Roger says:

In the Peoples Republik of New Jersistan, the only folks that get a concealed carry permit are those that are VERY politically connected or donate VERY heavily to the PBA. All others are disarmed.
    I fled from there 17 years ago and actually fear going back. Florida license plates mean a probable stop and search. Woe betide anyone with any ammunition or God forbid a firearm, legal, makes no matter.

12. we lived in new jersey over 15 years ago.
    at that time one of the asses in the legislature wanted to ban the teaching of the ‘declaration of independence’.
    said it was ‘an inflammatory document’.
    you bet it is!
    the damned fool!

13. Skip says:

Here in Kings County, CA my CCW was $160.00 and took a month. Renews are $75 and about three weeks.

14. Joseph says:

I have been waiting for national reciprocity ever since obtaining my Idaho Enhanced CCP