Time To Cut The Crap On Guns

I’m going to make this quite-clear — just in case you haven’t figured it out yet.

The US Military failed to adhere to the law and did not report a disqualifying conviction to the FBI, which would have prevented the Texas Church Shooter from buying firearms through legal channels.  That man cracked open the skull of his infant child and beat his wife severely enough that he was tried by court martial, sentenced to military prison and then expelled from the service with a Bad Conduct discharge.

Under the UCMJ the failure to report this to the FBI as required by military regulations and thus cause it to be entered into the NICS databases so civilian agencies have proper notice of a disqualifying criminal conviction is a clear breach of a duty, and that is an offense.

Every single person involved in that failure must stand for Courts Martial or equivalent military tribunal for said dereliction of duty and effectively be made to answer as accessories before the fact to the murders that man committed, and be punished as provided under the UCMJ, including imprisonment for same.

These two citizens immediately took upon themselves the duty and risk of stopping a murderous jackass without being paid, without any special legal protections should they miss and hurt innocent people nor did they “up-armor” and cower in a stairwell for an hour first or wait until they could get an MRAP to where the shooting was taking place.
FROM HERE
-Woody

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Guns, To Serve.... Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Time To Cut The Crap On Guns

1. GI-had Joe says:

Here, here….bully

2. whynot says:

Battle lines are becoming clearer and clearer…….ANYONE who calls for more gun control or ANY solution involving government has just become your sworn enemy….act accordingly

3. Judy says:

Yeah, well, I won’t be holding my breath waiting for any convictions. Asses will be covered because it is a governmental operation.

4. SgtBob says:

Lots of people will be asking “Why” the Air Force failed to pass on information, but the why doesn’t matter. People supposed to do a job failed to do so and should bear old time military responsibility.

• Tsquared says:

The AF should have a paper trail of who is responsible for not updating the NCIC DB. Those who failed their duties also need to be prosecuted.

• crazyeighter says:

I can predict it will be laid at the feet of some Airman E-Nothing. From the start to the finish. All twenty years worth. For all four branches of service.

• Clair says:

Sen. Ted Cruz stepped forward today and told why. He and some other critter had written a bill that would have made passing that info a law. The dems phillabustered it death.
      So, its all on the commies

5. Winston Smith says:

With you 100% Woody.
    To be fair, it is the policy of my local Sheriff Dept that in the event of an active shooter, the first 2 officers or 1st uniformed officers on scene immediately move to take out the shooter. Don’t know the policy of any other depts.

6. pigpen51 says:

I have pondered what I would do if I were to encounter an active shooter. Would I run, or would I try to engage, and stop some of the carnage? I have made up my mind to engage, but I hope that I would not be so scared that I could not do so effectively. I have no stupid idea in my head that I am any kind of a hero, but I also know that somebody has to stand up and say, that is fucking enough.

• Sanders says:

Almost every time these whack jobs are confronted by someone with a gun, they suck the barrel of theirs.

They are cowards.

Just remember to utilize cover and go for hips and heads – because they seem to also have a penchant for body armor, now.

7. Bud says:

just keep an ear open for sirens. you don’t want the po po to whack you & pin you as a “bad guy/active shooter”. in the departments eyes, they’re all heroes & every shoot’s a good shoot.

8. anonymous says:

Well stated sir. What I ‘need’ to defend myself is up to me to decide. I’m on the hook to buy, store and keep it, not you. I don’t have the right to force anyone to my thoughts – the same goes for you.

No one has a right to determine another person’s needs (unless they do not have the capacity to function in society).

9. The term ‘Hero’ is overused; the media loved to us it and usually for someone that doesn’t deserve it, sports commentators use it and it pisses me off. To many times in relation to the recent numerous incidents of terror it has been applied by City or Police bigshots to the uniformed ‘special tactics’ officers lurking away from all possible harm, loaded down with powerful weapons of war and armored from head to toe. Doing nothing.

Woody is right.

I will reserve my use of the word “Hero” for the man who deserves it. A man of mature years, far past the aura of invincibility of youth or it’s ready energy and quickness. Who runs to the sound of the gun. Barefoot but brave. This man met the test of his life and rose to it. Stephen Willeford is a hero, he is my hero.

10. Brian says:

Anyone else here smell one of the biggest lawsuit against the Government just having been opened? Everyone one of the people affected by this just got the biggest damn payday ever all at our expense.

11. Tennessee Budd says:

Very nice, except for one thing: the author says “A civilian, not a police officer…”.
    Police officers are civilians. A lot of LEO outfits have been heaviliy militarized, but they’re not military forces….yet.

• crazyeighter says:

Unless your’re drawing a paycheck from DoD and are subject to the UCMJ, you area a civilian. Cops don’t like it when you point this out.