U.S. Builds Its First Army Base Inside Israel

In a little-noticed but significant move by the Trump administration, the United States has begun construction on its first military base within Israel.
The permanent facility flying the U.S. flag will be independently operated by American troops on the IDF Air Defense School grounds in southern Israel’s Negev Desert near Beersheba. Its mission was described as defending against rocket and missile attacks.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in News, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to U.S. Builds Its First Army Base Inside Israel

1. Chris Mallory says:

So much for America First. The gravy train of US tax money headed to Israel is never ending.

• Larry says:

I call it real-world operational testing, something we need in order to find and fix problems with the system. And training for the crews. We’ll need both first-rate systems and crews in coming years, so it’s not a simple giveaway.

• warhorse says:

“tested and perfected in israel, deployed at the mexican border wall” has a good ring to it. someone should put it on a unit patch

2. Frankie says:

About time,I see my tax$ go to a good cause.Stop throwing them rocks!!

3. bogsidebunny says:

Israeli Jews = good Conservative Muslim killers. American Jews = Liberal Soros ass-sucking douchebag Hollywood perverts.

4. Granny says:

I have been waiting for the antisemitic comments to surface.
    BS bunny has started the hair ball rolling.

5. Bacon says:

Unfortunately it often seems that way. But mostly because the good conservative American Jews have tended to move to Israel.
    However, there are some bright spots on the horizon:
    — George Soros is getting older and will be gone soon.
    — Liberal Jews are breeding at below-replacement rates.
    — Orthodox Jews are breeding at above-replacement rates.
    — More conservative American Jews are choosing to stay here.

• davidhuntpe says:

If I were me, only “many moons” younger with what I know now, I’d move to Israel.

But I’m also an American, with roots going back to – quite literally – the Pilgrims. I can document two Revolutionary War soldiers in my ancestry (my GGG-GF crossed the Delaware with General Washington), and have two others I just can’t prove yet.

On the day that kapo (a very bad word for you non-Jews) Soros dies, I’ll state my standard thought for such people.

“One should only say good things about the dead. OK. He’s dead? Good.”

• Bacon says:

David, your comment attests to my fourth point. More conservative American Jews are choosing to stay here, because they identify as American, with strong roots here. I’ve heard exactly the same thing from dozens of other patriotic Jews.

Unfortunately, it’s largely a numbers game. Most American Jews currently lean liberal and secular. But the long-term future of American Jewry rests with those who lean conservative and religious. The demographic shift is surely happening, but I don’t assume that it will become obvious within my lifetime.

6. Sunny says:

Why? What is the reasoning behind this? What do we as American taxpayers get out of this? More bending over without the grease, that’s what.
    sunny

• Bacon says:

Sunny, it might seem political on the surface, but there are solid military reasons for this move. Tactically, it’s a better location for a radar base than several of our other existing bases, located in unstable countries, which were sited largely for political reasons. Strategically, it provides radar coverage that can help to protect those other bases and our ships. That’s what we as taxpayers get out of it, protection for our troops operating in an unstable region.