Why terrorists don’t attack on Black Friday

Because they don’t fucking have to. Why should they take the time, trouble and risks to do something that these people willingly do to themselves?

It’s everywhere, too. There’s no breaking news coming out of Lafayette concerning riots over wide screen TVs or Game Cams or pre-made trot lines, but I tell you what, we came in from Portland about 5 PM last night and I glanced over to the Walmart before I turned and holy shit, that parking lot was packed. I mean, jam packed. Normally I can get a spot right in front of the store and it’s rare I’ve got to walk more than 50 yards but last night people were cruising that rear of the parking lot looking for space.
I can only imagine what it was like today.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Why terrorists don’t attack on Black Friday

1. California southpaw says:

No shit! We drove from Marysville to Sac last night after Thanksgiving dinner with my son who’s stationed at Beale. Our exit took us right past this shopping mecca known in that area as Roseville Galleria. Their parking lot must hold 10,000 vehicles and it was full! Mall rats were running across the road in herds to get down there. I think I ran a couple late ambers just to gtfo of there. Insane.
    I had to go watch the sunrise at the river this morning just to decompress.
    Not all bad though, wife just came home with a Werner fiberglass digital camo 5′ ladder as an early present for me.

2. truthzzzz says:

Because the shoppers would kill them if they interfered.

3. truthzzzz says:

The Walmart had pallets of merchandise under see through wraps with prices on signs above them saying when they would go on sale when I made a last minute stop at Walmart Wednesday. I left as the lines were too long. Best do without.
    The pallets were along the sides of aisles ready to be opened for sale. 6PM Thursday was the day as I recall. So. It’s on!

4. Sanders says:

I went shopping with my 12 gauge today — for quail.

5. bogsidebunny says:

Civilization is breaking down due to the “white guilt” pandering by Liberals. A society is far better off when the savages are kept chained up or eliminated. The Romans proved that.

6. Turd Burglestein says:

Any idea on what happened to mojavedesertpatriot.wordpress.com?

7. John Deaux says:

I have never and I never intend to be anywhere near a major chain store on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I don’t think there’s anything I want that bad to go through that foolishness

8. Coyote Hubbard says:

Walmart has it down to a science anymore. Since I work at one for the last 6 years, never saw a fight or stampede or major issue like you see other places.

As Truthzzzz said, this year they put the specials under clear wrap till the sale starts at 6PM so you could see what and where the merch was you wanted. Years past it was under brown paper wrap, but it would get holes torn in it by curious shoppers. About 5:30 the crowds lining up got so thick, Our store manager went around with a megaphone and announced he was going to start early, but noted the items on special would not ring up until after 6PM. If they tried to check out before then, either the items would not scan, or they would ring up at the regular price.

Good call by our manager, as it got the folks moving early and the ones showing up right around 6 had a crowd to wade thru, but no long line.

When my shift ended at 9PM, i ran into one of our door greeters who happens to be my FFL guy that I get my firearms through. I asked him how crazy it was on the front end, and he said they were checking receipts tonight and its not something they usually do. He then told me about a guy that had a cart full of unbagged merch earlier that blew him off when he asked to see his receipt and proceeded into the foyer with a local cop standing right there, whom then stopped the guy and asked him where the receipt was. So at least one went to jail that night, LOL

9. DT says:

If I needed a kidney and Walmart had free kidneys on Black Friday, I’d still need a kidney on Saturday.

10. Colin says:

Hey, I read your blog on barbed wire. I was just given a collection of around a hundred and fifty pieces that my great grandfather collected. Fifty of which are mounted on a display with their names and patent dates, in 1977 he was offered five thousand dollars for the board but declined. It says a lot that he did that because all of the other pieces are labeled on single boards and priced for sale, so it makes me wonder how much the board is really worth now. I just don’t even know where to begin to look for a buyer for this collection and was hoping you could help me.

Ebay is about the best place unless you go to a convention. It’s been a while since I’ve done any collecting so I’ve lost track of the conventions schedules.

11. JeremyR says:

My suspicion is that they have tried, but when they put the bombs down, they get ripped to shreds by shoppers thinking they are merchandise.