For my California readers

California’s more than 6 million gun owners are going to see new restrictions in 2018 stemming from sweeping regulations lawmakers and voters have approved over the past two years.

But due to pending court challenges, shifting deadlines and contradictions in the laws, many gun owners say they’re unsure about new rules regulating where they can buy ammunition, what classifies as an assault rifle and whether it’s still legal to own high-capacity ammunition magazines.
And HERE
And HERE and HERE

From Elmo:
One thing I should point out to CA residents thinking about buying ammunition out of state and bringing it in, including rimfire ammo: if you are caught and convicted, you will become a prohibited person and lose your 2A rights. I learned this from Sam Paredes, Executive Director of GOC.

If you want to mail order ammo, do it now. Most online retailers will not honor orders after next week, because the shipping time means the orders will not be received before January 1st.

This entry was posted in California, Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to For my California readers

1. WhatLuis! says:

Funny, no mention that felons/ criminals/ beaners must comply with all that bullshit.

2. Phssthpok says:

Is not bug, is FEATURE!

3. Muzzle Blast says:

At the border agricultural inspection stations:

Expect ammo to be added to the list of stuff in the FAQ.

Because bullets are considered ag products, right?
      Buy your ammo miles and miles from the border or take a cab to the store, then get your map out and figure out a route around the inspection stations. They exist, I’ve used them many times.

• larryw says:

Also be aware CHP trolls the parking lots of gunshows in LV and Reno, puts cars with CA plates on the BOLO list.

4. grayjohn says:

California is becoming Soft North Korea run by Jerry Jung Brown.

5. EFF NJ says:

Just as effed up in NJ with this new a-hole governor It never ends dumbass people in this state keep electing the same democratic idiots.

6. Gumbodunker says:

The “tipping point” is about to be reached in the tarnished golden state. Once tyranny has it talons attached to something it is next to impossible to become free. Governor Moonbeam wants chaos and the crackdown that it will lead to. Sane people need to leave ASAP!

7. Tsquared says:

I have a buddy that lives in central Kali. He has just under 10 years before he can retire. He is taking most of his guns to his sister’s place in Memphis this Christmas. He is keeping a few low capacity guns. He has been burning up the mail order ammo and reloading supplies.

When he got the job in Paso Robles one of the first things he did was purchase lake front property in central Missouri as a retirement place.

• Elmo says:

Paso Robles… home of Weatherby Rifles. Always has amazed me how they’ve stayed in California.

8. Djamer says:

Tip, if you have to leave a state, ANY state, to buy ammo, don’t go back to that state. . .EVER!

9. GI-had Joe says:

Thank God I got out 4 mos ago after 40,years in that shit hole. It is not the place I grew up. Can’t wait for the Senate to pass conceal carry reciprocity so I can carry in my former home state. Hehehehe

• crazyeighter says:

The chances of the Senate passing concealed carry reciprocity just went to zero tonight.

• PoppaGary says:

And I bet that Cali will be just like NJ and say FU we have OUR own laws. Even if you win, you lose. The law needs teeth, I (almost )wish they would make it illegal to recognize people’s driver licenses or not allow reporters from one state to report in a different one. Once the regular Joe gets hit with this nonsense it might change.