Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) is warning that House Leadership plans to merge Obama-style gun control with national reciprocity for concealed carry.
This news comes just days before Rep. Richard Hudson’s (R-NC) national reciprocity legislation, H.R. 38, is supposed to go the House floor for a vote.

Massie explains that the Obama-style gun controls are contained in the “fix-NICS” legislation, the very legislation that House Leadership “plans to merge” with H.R. 38. He used a Facebook post to explain the “fix-NICS” legislation would allow “agencies, not just courts, to adjudicate your second amendment rights.”

He expounds:
-JD

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to House Leadership plans to merge Obama-style gun control with national reciprocity

1. Nemo says:

Sounds like the amendment is one more attempt at an end run on 2A giving unelected and unaccountable federal agencies more control over citizen’s rights. But hey, it’s for citizen’s best interests, because Senators and Congressmen are so much better than the people that elected them, right?

2. Unclezip says:

Like the agencies that decided that vets who let someone else do their paperwork should not be allowed to own guns? Yeah, right. I’m making that phone call. From a phone booth, of course.

3. Miguel says:

Massie has never been in favor of National Reciprocity, in fact he has a history of opposing it.

Here is the bill as it came out of committee and heads for Union Calendar.

Fix NICS Checks may be included or not… unsure yet. And no, it is not the gloom and doom some are making it to be. Again, read the bills

4. Cavguy says:

It’s not a RIGHT if I have to ask permission first, now is it?

I carry everywhere and I don’t fret about stupid laws. GOD will protect me from the orks, he has on more than one occasion. Like Peter, trust in the Lord and one can walk on water.

Cavguy

5. wildbill says:

Where’s the NRA when you need them. Do I hear crickets? Oh, they’re probably going to support this to get a “win” so they can hit the members up for more money so Wayne and the rest can keep their big salaries.

6. corditechris says:

The ONLY way ANY agency will get my firearms…… HOT and EMPTY!!!

7. Free Citizen says:

Screw the Feds. No one knows when I carry and where. They also don’t know what weapons I have and never will or where they are.

8. DanB says:

I have seen talk of national reciprocity mixed in with some financial legislation (so the Dems will have to pass it), mixed in with legislation on suppressors, and now Fix NICS Checks.

There isn’t any place I want, or need, to go where my state CCW will not be accepted. The non-accepting states can just do without my money. So no, I am not in favor of national reciprocity. What big gov can pass, big gov can change. If not tomorrow, then in 8 or 12 years when the Dems get back in control. How about adding a requirement of a $1,000,000 insurance policy per gun owners? How about creating a national registry – just so they can be sure every one has the required $1,000,000 insurance policy?

Just leave it to the states.