I’d have told them to go fuck themselves

Blood stains at the end of the Crawford County, Georgia driveway had been covered up with sand Monday in the spot where a dog was beheaded with a kitchen knife early evening Friday.

Clumps of dog hair were still visible on the blood-soaked blue collar nearby.

Joe Nate Goodwin says he decapitated his 2-year-old dog at the behest of the sheriff’s deputies, who had been called out to the house earlier in the day after a neighbor was bitten on the leg.
-WiscoDave

*****

They want the fucking head, they can cut it off themselves and they’ll do it where I won’t have to see it. Period. No fucking way would I cut off my own dog’s head – they can take me to jail.

This entry was posted in Dogs, To Serve..., WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I’d have told them to go fuck themselves

1. Walpurgis says:

I’ve been watching this. You can find some good video that is more local at:

Looks like it was a officer FUBAR as none of them knew what the fuck to do. It also includes the typical CYA bullshit.

In my (armchair Tuesday morning quarterbacking mind I’d have ordered em off my property much sooner and told them to do their jobs with the health dept, but I know if I was in the same situation I’d be too pissed off and heartbroken to think clearly.

I’d have ended up in jail for sure.

2. Andy says:

Yep, clean out my soon to be cell. And since I’ll be going to jail for more than not cutting off my dog’s head you probably ought to call an ambulance for deputy Fife for when I get done with him.

3. John says:

I would be reading this in jail if ya try and hurt my dogs. Been screwed over from more people than any dog…just saying

4. NewVegasBadger says:

WTF?! Was officer Fascist Bastard too busy eating his donut to be bothered with doing his job? I am surprised with this story, as the heroes in blue are usually so trigger happy, they will shoot any and every dog they see (out of fear for their most precious safety). Now they are so lazy (or cowardly) they expect the citizens to do the killing for them. Seems damn cruel to cut a dog’s head off. What was the matter here? Was officer Barney Fife too afraid that he might shoot himself with is own firearm? That “sheriff” has to be evil and one worthless piece of shit for a human being to make a guy kill his own dog. Asshole.
    Harming a dog is NOT an option. Where was the local animal control agency to deal with the dog?

5. rayvet says:

Every county has a health department. The health department is paid for by the taxpayers of the county. Rabies is a public health issue, therefore it’s up to the health department to remove the head (if they deem it necessary). My user name describes my profession. On more than one occasion I’ve had to euthanize dog’s that have bit people. The health department and/or sheriff’s department have told me to get the head and send it to them. I respectfully decline and tell them that with the liability that goes with that (sample handling of the head afterwards, possibility of bad test results etc.) I’ll leave that job up to them. A few times they’ve turned around and said, never mind just take care of the body in whatever means we typically do. All of a sudden, public health isn’t top on their priority. I always then say to them “what about the person that was bit?” what are you going to tell them and are you taking liability should they come down with rabies? Every time this incident has come up, the health department sends someone over to pick up the dog and do what needs to be done. But it’s only after I remind them of the legal ramifications of not doing the fucking job they’re paid to do. Needless to say, the local health department and I aren’t on the best of terms. But that’s their problem not mine.

• Judy says:

When I was a kid if someone was stupid enough to stick their body parts in the dog run and got dog bit. The said dog got a vacation at the vet’s for ten days and Dad got to pay the vet bill for room-n-board for the ten days.

It its now standard operating procedure to kill the dog for the human’s stupidity?

6. John Deaux says:

Fuck that, ain’t gonna happen. If the officer wants it done they take the carcus with you and go do it somewhere else.
    Fucking doushebags

7. JeremyR says:

So, lets say for a minute that the dog had rabies. What would have been the result? When dealing with a possible rabid animal, you do not want to touch it. Now we have the owner possibly getting sick. Five deputy doofus a not-overly-bright award.

8. -jon sr. says:

I would be in jail, even before the whole issue of cutting off the head came up. Don’t shoot my dog, don’t mess with my dog. This is just down the road from me too.

9. California Southpaw says:

Cop dressed like a pimp, rocking a dated fitbit. I’ll shut up now or risk a ban.

I Would be in jail for refusing to cut my own fucking dog’s head off, though!

10. Sanders says:

I would have been in jail – but not for refusing to cut my dog’s head off.