Moore loses in Alabama

Montgomery (United States) (AFP) – Doug Jones, the Democrat who pulled off a stunning upset victory in Alabama’s nail-biter Senate contest on Tuesday, is considered a champion for civil rights in a state that played a seminal role in the 1960s movement for racial equality.

Jones’ supporters erupted in cheers and jubilation as it became clear their portly, balding candidate had become the first Alabama Democrat to win a US Senate seat in 25 years.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Moore loses in Alabama

1. formwiz says:

They had to smear him to win, if, in fact they did.

Moore has yet to concede, saying it’s not over.

If this is another Christine Gregoire or Franken, I’d love to see Moore fight it out.

2. anonymous says:

Stunning victory ? Hell, the media, Democrats and Neo Con Republicans were all against Moore from the get go. A stunning victory would have been Moore winning, which really wasn’t that far off. Basically, it was a tie. Half the people gonna be pissed off but lets see how many will wear pussy hats, chanting Not My Canidate.

At least we get spared that – I think.

3. John Deaux says:

Believe they are still counting , military vote still out still I’m in shock.
    Recount, recount, recount.

4. cato says:

McCONnell’s establishment RINOs, the media and vote corruption win again.

5. A new breed of Conservatives, they fight.

6. Danne says:

2020 ticket: Roy Moore; Joe Arpaio

7. Jeffery in Alabama says:

An estimated forty million dollars was spent to destroy and defeat Moore. This money was generated by the Marxist “one worlders”, the DNC, and many establishment RHINOS. McConnell, Ryan, Graham, and Alabama, own senior senator Richard Shelby worked hard to defeat Moore. In the end, strong voter turnout in hives and ethnic concentrations are what won the day for the forces of darkness (i.e. Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, along with larger college towns such as Tuscaloosa and the “Black Belt” region of Alabama). The campaign of shame was also too much for the “other voters” who pissed away their vote by not voting for Moore and writing in a Republikan candidate as a “feel good” effort to not be seen as being insensitive to the female accusers from which the sexual allegations originated (almost two percent of the vote). I was hoping a Moore victory would be damning for the political war-chest of the DNC. As I stated earlier, forty million has been spent to defeat Roy Moore. With a Moore victory that would be $40 million that would not be coming back and a deterrent to future contributors . Now, with a demokrat victory, who knows? I do know one thing for certain. The DEEP STATE is going to stop at NOTHING to keep a candidate they do not control from being elected and/or taking office ever again. Hone your skills and prepare for what is coming to the best of your ability.
    Deo Vindice

• John Deaux says:

Although I no longer live in Bama I still has a warm place in my heart for the people and culture. I truly hated to leave but work took me away.
      I still watch Al politics among other things and while II don’t agree with everything Judge Moore is about, I am a Mo Brooks fan, but I’m against everything Jones.  Also I have never, ever had anything good to say about Shelby, so his being a turncoat does not suprise me any. In my opinion it is way past time to put that turkey out of office.
      I was rooting for yall to give the established do nothings the finger and put Moore in with a conformable 20 point lead. Unfortunately it did not happen. Be well and hold Jones and Shelby ‘s feet to the fire.

8. bob says:

the only reason Moore lost is because he was not supported by establishment republicans. conservative republicans need to remember this the next time we’re told we have to support an establishment slug for the “good” of the party.

9. Bud says:

I read that community organizer types were registering felons to vote who were still in prison. Gee, wonder which way they’d vote with a JUDGE versus a soft-hearted Dem pussy?

10. bogsidebunny says:

Has the hanging chad been tallied yet?

11. l2a3 says:

And the Democratic voting fools do not even know which party started all the controlling of the blacks. Who started the KKK? Who wrote the Jim Crow laws? Who enforced them? Who controlled the fire hoses, clubs and dogs during the marches? Can you say “DEMOCTATS? Hell they DO NOT EVEN KNOW that DR. KING was a REPUBLICAN! The ignorant CONTINUING TO VOTING FOR THE COLORED SLAVE PLANTATION OWNERS, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

12. larryw says:

Nice job AL. 92% Dem, 50% Repub turnout compared to Presidential election. It should have been a blowout, but half of you who voted for Trump couldn’t be bothered to ensure his policies are implemented.

13. Kegeshook says:

It’s never fun to see your guy lose an election. But the Deep State is what it is and there’s really not a damn thing you can do about it. Half of those who voted for Trump stayed home. Money talks. Smear campaigns work.

14. Gene says:

Champion for civil rights? He is pro gun control and supports abortion up until the moment of birth.

15. Ed357 says:

Watch all the Moore accusers fade into the “never heard from again zone”…..

They accomplished their goal……they beat down the conservative turnout….

DEMocRATS win at all costs and REpubliCANT’s thirst for death.