Now that’s fucking embarrassing

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Now that’s fucking embarrassing

1. Padawan says:

The arieal somehow hit the wires, something that can easily be done if one isn’t extremely careful. The steel (whatever metal) conducted the electricity downward through the truck and out through the tires. Hell, a slight wind blowing the wires against the arieal could do that too.

You learn a few things when you grow up with a parent who’s a career firefighter.

2. One of the many Bills says:

Do they call the fire department?

3. rayvet says:

I think I’ve seen that picture before. If I remember correctly the ladder is in the overhead power lines and the truck caught fire because of the electrical. But yes, it is embarrassing. Kind of like my local cop that got “Beat up” by homeless dude and required a pistol packing grandma to come to his defense. On all the national news shows. Happened Tuesday afternoon. About 1/2 mile from my clinic. Exciting time for small town Georgia.

4. Doonhamer says:

All the best emergency services do it.
    Jack up a little, spin and warm the rubber a little, then jacks up and off you go for a fueler start.
    Sometimes it goes a little wrong, but, hey ho.

5. Whynot says:

Somebody ran the boom into the power lines…….the asphalt under the outriggers is on fire….

6. WiscoDave says:

Hit the power line?

7. Aesop says:

Snorkel booms and high voltage power lines don’t mix well, do they?

8. Abe says:

Put the boom into the power lines did we?

9. Jeremy says:

We had this picture up in my firehouse as a reminder to always check your overhead. The Chief would tell you not to be that guy.

• Padawan says:

One of the local Facebook alert pages had a picture of a local firefighter in the bucket of a ladder truck like that being passed over the top of some power lines to fight a large apartment building fire from above near the end of summer. I commented on the picture I’d need clean undies after doing something like that. The firefighter responded back to me later that he thought the same thing when he was being passed over the power lines.

10. Peter Sanders says:

Looks like it could be right out in front of the fire hall…

11. Blu Vaner says:

Once saw a dump trunk get into power lines. Tires caught fire first igniting the rest. Hell of a light show and fire.

12. greg says:

Actually the truck never touches the wires before the fire. All it does is get close enough, several feet and it’s all over. Watched a end dump catch on fire. Never touched wires, just a giant flash.

13. singlestack says:

Torching a $300,000+ piece of apparatus is not a good career move.