When 3 guns constitute an ‘arsenal’

HOUSTON – A man has been arrested on multiple charges after police located a small arsenal of guns on the top floor of the Hyatt Regency on Louisiana Street downtown, Houston police said.

Police at the hotel called for backup around 1:30 a.m. Sunday after they attempted to arrest the man for being intoxicated and trespassing. When help arrived, police noticed ammunition laying around the man’s hotel room, Lt. Gordon Macintosh with Houston police said.

*****

Shit, when we moved out here I shipped most of my guns but I still carried with me an AR, a shotgun and 2-3 handguns, as well as a shitload of ammo and yes, I took them into every hotel/motel we stayed at. No fucking way was I going to leave them in the truck overnight.

This entry was posted in Guns, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to When 3 guns constitute an ‘arsenal’

1. Frank says:

Sounds like a starter kit?

2. Free Citizen says:

Holy crap!! They would have to call me an Army then. Every time we go out to our country place, we have at least 3 pistols and 2 rifles with us in the truck, not counting various mags and ammo. Sounds like the cops are trying to baffle the public with BS and let them know how dangerous the madman with the weapons were.

3. Walpurgis says:

They never heard of 3-gun competition?

4. John Deaux says:

A decent start

5. Bildo says:

As I understand it, he had an AR-15, a shotgun, and a pistol he didn’t want stolen out of his vehicle. Where’s the harm?

6. Was wondering what constituted an arsenal these days. Got more than that in my hall closet.

7. Sambo says:

He had better get on the stick. He is WAY behind for his age. I had that when I turned 18

8. RocketmanKarl says:

When the wife and I moved cross country, we put all the guns (dozen or so) and ammo (thousands) in the travel trailer. If we had been searched, we’d have made the news for sure.

9. RocketmanKarl says:

Btw, since when is owning guns and staying in a Texas hotel room a crime?

10. Roger.45 says:

F’ing media snowflakes.

11. Andy says:

Same here Kenny. When the wife and I travel, I will always take one of the ARs and at least two handguns. She always gives me crap when I don’t leave em the truck. I think she is on crack sometimes.

12. realspark21 says:

Haha! Just got back to GA after a family visit to Tejas…In the hotel: 2 handguns, one rifle, about 600 rounds of ammo for the three (9mm and .223/5.56 mix). Rental car: Rifle with 210 rounds loaded in mags on a harness in the trunk, extra handgun. Our persons: primary and backup for me and primary carry for the wife…not to mention a .22 pistol and a .22 rifle for the child! We flew with about 1500 rounds (500 .22LR).

Anytime we travel over an hour drive from home we carry primary handguns, plus a rifle (each, with cleaning kits, harness, spare mags, small parts kit, etc) and a .22 rifle for the offspring (and other things but this is about ARSENALS).

I carry a rifle daily in my personal vehicle and I have a work one as well (and a shotgun). The wife has a 9mm Shield on her person and an extra tool in a vehicle vault.

My safe, from my childhood, is still at my parents house…it has at least 2 x SKS’s, 1 x Mosin, 1 x Lee Enfield, 1 x Marlin Lever, a .410, a 20g, 1 x .22 revolver, and about 8 x various .22LRs rifles. These guns are used by family when needed or for family shoots on holidays and birthdays (we also have a good time!). ANd lets not talk about my parents safes! HAHAHA…..or my current modest collection……

…Arsenal….HA! Dang near every hotel in America says “Please remove valuables from car…Hotel not responsible, etc, etc” or some nonsense…this idiots problem was too much fire-water and no one to watch his back….

13. Djamer says:

Houston libtard mayor, libtard police. . .

• The police chief there was the police chief of austin TX. Not just a liberal but an ASSHOLE LIB. Houston is also the place that keeps SJ Lee back to washington Any questions as to why he was hasseled?

14. MauserMedic says:

Hauled my collection from the west side of the MIssissippi to the current southeastern state I’m in a year after moving, stacked in a 4x8x4 box built before leaving. Damn near bottomed out the utility trailer. Detoured around Illinois except for the southernmost part, and was nervous the whole time transiting that. Had more personal rifles in that trailer than I had as company armorer before getting out.

15. Karl Ushanka says:

The number of hotels that allow us to check-in with our AR-15s is getting less and less. Goodbye America. :)

• John Deaux says:

I don’t tell anyone what’s on my person nor in my luggage.

• anonymous says:

Damn straight Skippy – I’m renting the room for a night and that is all they have to know about it. As long as I’m not committing any crimes or damaging the premises, it isn’t any of their business what I carry into it.

As far as the guns go, its like any object you don’t want stolen from your vehicle. You wouldn’t leave a lap top or purse with valuable items there, firearms are just as (if not more) then those.

I don’t like large luggage, so a rucksack or small suitcases for each of us is plenty. A small single shot 12 gauge take-down (legal barrel length) works fine with me, fits inside the case with no problem.