Ambassador to Shithole Country resigns

The US ambassador to Panama has resigned from his post on principle, writing in a resignation letter to the State Department that he can no longer serve the Trump administration.

The US State Department confirmed the departure of John D Feeley, saying he decided to “retire for personal reasons, as of 9 March this year”.

This entry was posted in Liberals, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Ambassador to Shithole Country resigns

1. Exile1981 says:

Obama appointy

2. crazyeighter says:

Obama appointee:

Mr Feeley wrote in his resignation letter: “As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the President and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies.

“My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honour-bound to resign. That time has come.”

And he’s right; if he cannot serve in an apolitical manner, then he is required to step down. The fact is that he’s announcing this at a time calculated to cause maximum embarrassment to the President is merely coincidental.

3. Jeffery in Alabama says:

This libtard-progressive-pro LGBT supporter has been feeding at the “public trough” for 27 years. He was appointed Ambassador to Panama in 2016 by the worst president in the history of the United States, Barrack Hussein Obama, in 1990 (some sort of sexual payback I suppose ). I also figure Ambassador Feely wanted out of the SHITHOLE country he was assigned to, had his time in for his retirement, and saw this as an opportunity for some political posturing and attempted to damage President Trump. Goodbye and good riddance.

4. Andrew says:

He also did this in December, before the new year, so this has nothing to do with the fake news about Trump calling shitholes “shitholes.”

Fucking MSM can’t fucking report the correct color of the sky because of Trump.

You know you’ve won when you are so up under your enemies’ skins that literally everything is about you. Trump has won.

5. Robert Metcalf says:

Why March 9. No time like the present. Go.

6. H says:

There wouldn’t even be a Panama if Teddy Roosevelt hadn’t invented it, and Jammy Cah-ta hadn’t funded it in perpetuity by giving them the Canal “back” (how do you give “back” something the recipient never had in the first place?).

7. Trib says:

Obama socialist Just waited for a excuse to leave a shit hole…

8. Alex says:

The best part is the fact that he submitted his resignation BEFORE the whole “shithole” shit-storm and the faux reporters confused the timeline either by ignorance or by intent.

9. Sanders says:

I’ll go replace him. I always wanted to go to Panama, but didn’t want to re-enlist to do so.

When I was short and ready to ETS, the re-enlistment Sgt. came and asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I was getting out and going to dive school. Then he asked that, hypothetically, if I were to re-enlist, what would I want to do? I told him I’d like to go to Panama. The next week I had orders for Airborne School en-route and 45 days admin leave before being posted to Panama.

I asked the Sgt. about that, as I told him I had no intention of reupping. He said he had to do something, or he’d get in trouble. So, I had to go down and formally decline the orders, as I was following my ETS orders.

10. Rurik says:

It seems a new correspondent completely made up the part of the story about resigning on account of “shithole” comments.
    So this turns out to be yet anothercomment about dishonest media.

11. Did anyone else notice that the comments at The Independent were disabled?

12. John Deaux says:

Adios Punta

• Aesop says:

“Punta” is “point”.
      I suspect you were looking for the word without the “n”, which denotes a girlfriend rentable by the hour.

• John Deaux says:

Yes, thanks, I don’t always catch the auto correct which is wrong almost as often as right.

13. tired dog says:

So he’s waiting for full vesting in his taxpayer funded pension? Go now puke.

14. sk6actual says:

Another snowflake melted …

15. Danne says:

We have plenty of Shithole ambassadors in Detroit…no shortage there, enough for every shithole worldwide.

16. gagedesoto says:

If Mr. Trump is in error with his “shithole” characterization, why is Mr. Feeley abandoning the tropical paradise in order to return stateside? Similarly, I am puzzled at the seeming lack of enthusiasm on the part of those offended by that reported (well, there is THAT word, right there…) characterization of those places, for actually GOING there, and LIVING there, and BRINGING THEIR FAMILIES there. I would think that folks would be eager to spend time in paradise(s). Hmmm. One of these things appears to be unlike the other.

17. Bob says:

A shithole country can be defined as equivalent to it’s plumbing