California’s newest fad – “Raw” water

“Raw water” prices are skyrocketing after a New York Times article detailed Silicon Valley’s latest bizarre obsession.

In San Francisco, “unfiltered, untreated, unsterilized spring water” is flying off the shelves.

The New York Times reported last week that Rainbow Grocery, a co-op in the city’s Mission District, was selling a 2.5-gallon jug of the product from the startup Live Water for $36.99.
MORE@businessinsider
-Rurik

This entry was posted in California, Liberals, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to California’s newest fad – “Raw” water

1. Michigan Doug says:

And farmers in Pa get arrested for selling raw milk.

2. NITZAKHON ProIsrael says:

While I certainly appreciate the idea of getting back towards nature – IMHO this seems self-correcting. Darwin and all.

3. Ken M says:

We’ve got some sludge pit grade stuff used in oil drilling rigs for sale, y’all…that is really raw.

4. One of the many Bills says:

What a bunch of stupid fuckers. I wish those fools would fall into the ocean.

5. fjord says:

the behavioral sink.

when the population reaches maximum overload and nature must self-correct.

6. NewVegasBadger says:

You could take tap water, bottle it, label it Gluten Free, charge a dollar extra for it, and some idiots will still buy it.

7. paladin3001 says:

Bacteria, viruses, and parasites. All fun stuff you can pick up from natural spring water. Go ahead, make your day. The treatments to correct some of this stuff can be real fun. Idiots.

8. “Don’t drink the water son, the fish have been fornicating in it”.

W.C. Fields

9. bogsidebunny says:

Let ’em drink the feces laden Dihydrogen Monoxide. I can’t wait to see the assholes die as thousands of cases of amebic dysentery, Cholera and Liver Fluke cause the residents to projectile-shit streams of bloody crap on the streets.

• EoGuy says:

LMAO that is just not a pretty picture you are painting. Grant it some of us may enjoy it but just not pretty.

10. truthzzzz says:

A fool is born every minute.

I have some lovely sulfur water they can buy at only $15.00 a gallon plus shipping. It actually comes from an ancient aquifer 400 feet down.

Now I do know that someone will start selling it, also given sulfur’s purported medicinal properties and all seeing as it did have some use prior to antibiotics,

OOPS:

I should start a new industry.

And eating eggs before drinking it gets rid of the sulfur taste.

Anyone reading this, I want my 5% if you do it. Demand it.

Sell it as a natural Dihydrousmonoxice sulfur solution.
    Dihydrogen Monoxide with sulfur naturally in (a healing) solution.

I have a million of these ideas.

• Andrew says:

That DiHydrogen MonOxide shit will kill you. I stick to the pricier, and harder to find, Hydrogen HydrOxide.

11. Sanders says:

Heh…drinking your own well water is the same damned thing. Just have to have the water checked now and again to make sure it is still free from contamination.

12. Don in Oregon says:

I don’t see how they get away with this. SPRING water is considered surface water and is therefore subject to some pretty stringent standards regarding treatment for giardia, cryptosporidium, etc.

• Andrew says:

It’s green, and California. Of course they can get away with it.

And they’ll all think that Giardia based illnesses are a natural weight-loss system.

• Mike_SMO says:

True but irrelevant. Coarse filter, UV exposure (“natural”, like sunlight), then the ultra-filter. “No additives”, “Raw”. Send me the money. “Big label” = “Big bucks”. Not “un-true”, just irrelevant.

Bottled water never made sense until I tried to drink L-A tap water (sic) (or the “high-sulfur” alligator effluent in Florida); then, my canteen is empty, what’cha got in them purdy bottles?

‘Sides, doesn’t RAW mean “Righteous Alabama Water” which is half burbon or the local equivalent?

‘Sides, ‘Sides, in Missourah, we bang a pipe into the rock so’s it ain’t “surface water”. I think that it is “pre-sprung”. Them govmentors got a Chapter on it somewhere’s.

Water kills; whisky (or burbon) brings life, or at least enjoyment.

If there ain’t no worms, bugs, or minnows in the sample, it ain’t “surface”.

13. Trib says:

Raw water is that what comes out my RV.