Community told they must keep their garage doors open

Jason is nervous.

The 9-year-old from the Auburn Greens community in Auburn, California, told Fox40 that he worries someone might steal some of his favorite possessions.

His anxiety stems from a new rule created by his community’s homeowners association that mandates residents to keep their garage doors open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays — or face a $200 fine.

This entry was posted in California, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Community told they must keep their garage doors open

1. SAM says:

The community’s homeowners association has a office, so are they leaving their doors open to prove that no one is living there? If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

2. Kris says:

Refuse to pay it. What are they going to do?

• rayvet says:

Put a lien on your house. So when you try to sell it to get away from the HOA assholes, you can’t, because there’s a lien on your house. Not a good position to be in.

• Andrew says:

And if enough time passes, they can try to claim your house even if you live in it.

Some states protect the homeowners from that. Some don’t.

3. surfin' bird says:

HOAs are micro-mini-governments. People that live there elect their own board that create their own rules, so the homeowners only have themselves to blame. Word to the wise, before buying into a community, do your homework on the HOA. The house might be nice, but not the community.

4. 1980XLS says:

California.
    Liberals providing sanctuary for Illegals to live in the garage perhaps?

5. Winston Smith says:

Front door rules are next. We don’t want the coolest monkeys in the jungle to feel that they aren’t welcome in decent society.

I see a business op in garage door paintings that make them look open.

6. Aesop says:

I would never live under an HOA.
    But anyone who lives under the rule of that HOA needs to walk over to the board members’ open garages tomorrow, and lob a lit molotov cocktail into each of their houses.

A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way.” – Mark Twain

7. bogsidebunny says:

I can see the HOA’s point. In the community I live I have to leave the door to my car port open and I don’t have a problem with that.

8. Tom MacGyver says:

Golly; people living in the garage in a sanctuary state! I guess those pussy-farting Liberals didn’t quite think things through…

9. Oswald Bastable says:

Find the fuckers responsible and start using their garage as a public toilet.

10. S.B. says:

First question I asked our realtor when we first looked at our current house ” Is there an HOA?”.

11. Roger.45 says:

Nuckin’ futz.

12. LFMayor says:

Asshole neighbors who won’t change the covenant? Sounds like a job for Ohio Blue Tip Realty!

13. Jeremy says:

Step one – Remove garage door.

Step two – Install glass over existing hole.

Step three – Sit in the garage in a speedo watching something that would offend the board members on the biggest TV you can afford at full volume.

Step four – Stand up and waive at everybody you see until they are out of sight.

• John Deaux says:

You have the same thought process I do, kinda scary knowing that.
      Take care, be safe, raise fucking hell before the catch you.
      That’s what I do.

14. pigpen51 says:

Can you still buy those fake military claymore mines? Because I would have a few placed in convenient places near my garage for the HOA to see. I would become the neighbor that nobody liked simply to prove a point. The entire purpose for an HOA is to make sure that everyone can enjoy their property with no others causing a problem, and to keep the property values up, not to become petty tyrants.

15. RTinWeimar says:

From the SacBee: On Tuesday, a notice was taped to the management office saying the rule had been rescinded so that the board of the homeowners association could come up with something more “reasonable.”
    The Greens as they’re called is the “armpit” of North Auburn. Mostly fourplexes and mostly rented. Still no excuse for really stupid rules.