Deep Purple – Child in Time

My very first concert was Deep Purple and Humble Pie in Saarbrucken Germany, 1975. The ticket cost me $4.50.
I don’t remember much about the show. Hell, I didn’t remember much of the show the very next day.

This entry was posted in Music, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Deep Purple – Child in Time

1. corinthianscales14 says:

Yes, but you were in Germany, way before it was totally fucked up under Merkel.

It’s gone.

2. Bad_Brad says:

Awesome stuff. You sound like a Dirty Mack kind of guy.

3. Geoff R says:

Thanks,music from a time before it all turned to shit.

4. kennymac says:

I have seen Deep Purple in concert twice over the last five years. They still sound good and put on a very good show.

5. Karl says:

Thanks….
    I needed that to get my Saturday off and running.

6. samoore says:

Saw them once, in Seattle in the early ’70’s.

ELO was the opening act, but Deep Purple owned the show.

Shot several rolls of film that night. The slides are around here somewhere.

7. nwoldude says:

I also saw Deep Purple live about 1975 along with ELO and Spirit. It was the loudest concert I had/have ever been to. It was at the Olympia in Detroit where the Red Wings then played. The up and down aisles seemed about 45 degrees there and were “interesting” to navigate considering the fans conditions: except me of course. Good old days. Now I like Blues and Outlaw Country. Grownup Rock and Roll I call it at 72!

8. noncom says:

Saw them in ’75 also….Tampa Stadium with ZZ Topp, Blue Oyster Cult, Savoy Brown, and 1 other I can’t remember…..ZZ Topp was a last minute replacement for Billy Preston, and stole the show….Talk about an upgrade…”We’re just a lil’ ol’ band from Texas”….

• =T. Wrangler= says:

@ noncom- sounds like a great bill!

Somehow never managed to get to a Deep Purple concert. Had to settle for LPs instead.
      Saw a couple of the “Black and Blue” shows here in SoCal. Sabbath went on stage first. BOC kicked the shit out of Sabbath as I recall. BOC ALWAYS kicks ass, especially w/ the early lineup.

Saw ZZ Top on the Recycler tour- they were f’n great! Hotpants junkyard girls, car mashers, fuzzy guitars, the works. Small band, huge sound!
      More recently, Sabbath w/ Ozzy. Band was tight but poor Ozzy was struggling a bit.

Blackmore has moved in a different direction, to the consternation of many longtime fans.
      Here’s a taste:
      Skip around thru the tracks if you are so inclined. You will notice the “old” Ritchie lurking in these tunes.

9. Doc B says:

Saw Deep Purple in Heidelberg in 98 I think. Good show.

10. Torquaymada says:

Ritchie Blackmore in utter control.

11. steve tompkins says:

saw Black Sabbath about that time, and in about that place. no memeory whatsoever

12. Djamer says:

I was born in Wurzburg in 65. Army dad based there met my German mom. Came here when i was 3. Went back when I was 10 for a visit and had a beautiful party animal aunt in Saarbrucken. First time I had wine was at her dinner table! She had an Italian husband and a French boyfriend. They took me over the border to France to a bar one night. All I remember is loud music, purple lights and lots of “smoke”. . .

13. Stretch says:

Humble Pie and Spooky Tooth. 1974. College. I had the sense to bring earplugs and wear high boots. Damn high school kids coulgn’t hold their cheap beer.

14. Kenny the Scot says:

Saw Deep Purple at the Hammersmith Odeon a few years ago – when they played Spacetruckin’ I couldn’t believe it. A real concertgoing highlight, that was.

15. Kenny the Scot says:

16. Kenny the Scot says:

I was trying to remember the very first concert I went to. One of the early ones I can remember (those were the drinking years) was the Long Ryders, who appeared on the Old Grey Whistle Test, then did a tour round the UK. I saw them at the Venue in Aberdeen, then went down to London to see them at the Hammersmith Palais. First and last gigs of the tour:

• Kenny the Scot says:

I do know that the first album I ever bought was Powerage by AC/DC. Gone Shootin’ is one of the greatest songs ever written. I didn’t understand it when I first heard it, at that young age, but I came to know what it meant. She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aimin’ for … gone shootin’ … she’s gone .. gone, gone gone …

• Kenny the Scot says:

And Up to My Neck in You is just great, I mean great lyrics, great guitar work and Phil Rudd on drums. What can you say.

• Kenny the Scot says:

And the UK version of that album had “Cold Hearted Man” on it. This was back when Bon Scott was writing real lyrics for AC/DC. I’ve never really heard anything like this since. Real, hard blues that’ll just rip your guts out.

17. Kenny the Scot says:

Shit, that deep purple video set me off, haha …

• =TW= says:

Yep, happens to me too. One vid leads to another. And another…
      YT is like where your old memories went, to wait until called up again.