FLORIDA!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

Florida ranks dead last when it comes to rating the best states in the nation. Michigan ranks No. 1, the very best state in the union.

Let that sink in for awhile. Michigan, the state that gave us the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent and Kid Rock (the poor man’s Ted Nugent), is 49 states better than Florida.

Thrillist’s Definitive and Final Ranking of All 50 States list ranked the states “based on everything.” Specifically, the states’ contributions to America, like inventions, food and drink, “somewhat productive famous people,” and unique physical beauty, among other things.
-Rick

This entry was posted in Florida. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to FLORIDA!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

1. noncom says:

Thanks go to Wirecutter for his continuous campaign to warn people of the dangers and pitfalls of coming to Florida….the only problem I have with it is, if Florida is so bad, why did we just surpass New York as the third largest in population?….You should have started the campaign years ago, before we were infected with the invasion of all the assholes from other states….

• ok! luis says:

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m In Florida……I…….I…….I……oh, never mind. fuk!

• Booger says:

East coast of Florida,probably the most N.Y./ N.J transplants. That’s why Fl. surpasses N.Y. they all slid in their own slime South. Northern and Central Fl.(Polk county) swamp rats and hillbillies.

2. Booger says:

Does everyone realize that only 30 percent of Floridians were born in Florida? The nuts from other states drift in to Florida to make life interesting

3. Rob says:

Talking about “good” places to live surveys, here’s one where they called people and asked about where they were living right now. Seems as good a way to make this kind of list as any other, maybe better even!

4. gsebes says:

No state taxes, no mag limit, reasonable CCW laws, 70mph highways, no emission laws,.ride ALL year long, watch sunrise and sunset over water in the same day, Bike Week, Daytona, Hurricanes,…Homestead, Key West, 3 of top10 beaches in USA in St Pete/Clearwater, …Castle/Stand your ground laws…
    When I moved to Tampa in ’99 I was sure the crazies followed me from Maryland but I was quickly informed that there was a healthy population of crazies already in place for me to enjoy by the time I got here.
    Most of the stories it seems you post of Fla occur within 40 miles of me. Such is my world!

5. Andrew says:

And yet, we are not California, Washington, Oregon, New Jersey, New York (especially around the City,) Massachusetts or Arkansas.

I think we’re doing just fine, as long as the assholes stay in Mijami or the Tampa Bay area.

• Bacon says:

Andrew, that’s pretty much what all the normal folks in eastern CA, eastern WA, eastern OR, the Pine Barrens of NJ, upstate NY, western MA and the Highlands of AR have to say about it. They also think they are doing just fine, as long as the assholes stay near the cities and coasts.

The truth is that everyone is wrong. We are all fucked because the infestation votes and it’s only a matter of time until they lobby to change YOUR state laws. They also “vacation” to go see “nature” in YOUR backyard. They eventually spread out and move next door as YOUR new neighbor.

6. Tennessee Budd says:

More reasons I love Florida, & visit often. I’ve seen those “best states to live in” things before: they’re always for reasons that would make me stay away. Kinda like movie critics: if they like a movie, I don’t bother. If they pan it, it’s probably worth watching.

Comments are welcome, but moderated out of necessity.